Saturday, July 19, 2008

Still waiting...

Ok, ok, we know our due date isn't until Friday, but I feel like William should be here already! Mary Katherine even called today and her cousin is in labor- with a baby girl no less three weeks early- how is this fair??? Patience is not my strongsuit.



I decided to "fake nest" today to see if i could trick baby William into coming. Everyone says, "You'll know when they're on their way because you want to clean everything." Well I got out a stool and bucket of soapy water and cleaned the exterior of all the windows, edged the front walkway and sidewalk, pulled the weeds in the flowerbed, swept the kitchen and dining room, washed three loads of laundry, went to the bike shop and had the bike computer put on the stroller- still no baby! Agh! There's no tricking this baby!


Since there's no baby, I thought I would try to sew something for William. I decided he needed some of those "sleep sacks" to wear the first few weeks. It's hard to find "boy" knit fabric, but I scored some buttery yellow and some cute fabric with tugboats and crabs. Here's the final product. I did make it sort of backwards where the parts that overlap on the shoulders are in the back, but it'll still work. It's super soft! I'll make sure I get the yellow one correct- maybe I should monogram it in navy blue or a funky green...any thoughts?

PS- It's ten o'clock on Saturday night and Chad is downstairs watching the wonder pets...we are obviously ready for William- I hope I'm not still writing of all the ways I've been trying to trick the baby into appearing next Saturday night!

7 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

you may just be telling us you are still waiting next saturday or you may just be blogging to us that he is here! can't wait to hear the awesome news. i wish there was a sure science to when these babies come.

JTP said...

me too, we should figure that out and then buy a fun lake house with a boat!!!!

The Colorado Carrs said...

Waiting is the hardest part. Annie went early and I thought for sure I would too. Oh well. I am not going to hold my breath for this one to be early. although it would be nice!!

He will be here soon....I cant wait to hear the news either!!!

Callie said...

I am so lazy! You have done more while bursting pregnant than I have done when I'm negative 9 months pregnant. I feel like a bum.

He'll come. My mom carried me for an extra 3 1/2 or so weeks. Yikes. They didn't induce back then.

Rachael M. said...

I'm about as patient as a 2-year-old, so I understand your frustration. But you two should totally just live it up as much as possible this week.

I prescribe for you a really nice dinner out at a place you can't take a baby. Maybe the last time you get to go to a place like that for a little while!

Or do something else stupid like walk around Barnes & Noble at 10:30 pm...because you can.

I'm going to quit talking about it because I'm giving myself an anxiety attack....LOL

Sasha said...

when eli was late...on the 7th day,a friday, the nurse told me to drink red raspberry tea, its all natural, and take primrose oil tablets, they are all natural as well and that i would go into labor over the weekend. i was in the hospital on sunday morning ready to push. did it with cope and he was a week early...i dont know...i know waiting sucks, but you'll get there, i mean he has to come out eventually!

Rachael M. said...

Oh, yeah - Evening Primrose Oil has plant-based prostaglandins that are supposed to help your cervix to soften, but it's really only good for taking after baby gets here to help diminish vaginal bleeding and shrink your uterus back to normal size.

It is sort of one of those things some people say helps and other people say it doesn't, but it shouldn't HURT if you wanted to try it.