Wednesday, July 16, 2008

This past weekend...

Chad and I are eagerly awaiting the arrival of William. We are trying to do as much as possible before he gets here. Friday was my last day at Vanderbilt- I am now officially "under doctor's watch" which really just means I get to stay at home :-) I thought I'd be bored to death, but I've been pretty busy trying to go to lunch with different people, buying the last few things we "need"....more socks! If you know Chadwick at all you know why I HAD to have the Johnny's- aren't they adorable. And here's a pic of the CEO socks- they came in the mail and I can't wait to see William in them!!!! Hurry up and get here!!!! We go to the doctor tomorrow- keep your fingers crossed she's says it's almost time!!!!!


I "ran" into an old friend- Stephanie- from First Baptist Greenville on facebook last week. She's moved to Nashville. We went out to lunch Saturday with she and her fiance- another FBCer- Craig. They're getting married in August. It was great to see a face from home and to have a new friend in Nashville! And it gave me an excuse to go to Demo's- one of our favorite places to eat! Then dinner with Brian and Rebbecca Holiday Saturday night- another fun time- all this makes for a busy weekend and a tired Jennifer!

We went this weekend to Crockett Park Sunday night to see the finale of their summer concert series- one of my favorite bands- The Tams! The guy in the peach is one of the Tams- he had a hoard of kids that basically did the train behind him the entire time.

My friend Ashley and her fiance Arjun came out to see them too. All in all it was a good time. It rained all day so it was cool outside- for once!

This is one of my last shirts that doesn't have a stain on it somewhere. I think I'm going to invent a bump napkin. I put a napkin in my lap when I eat, but I drip above the napkin- it's so annoying. Only a few more days......

The mosquitoes think I'm extra sweet this year- and Chad too. We bought this kind of Off! because it's not supposed to be greasy- well it's not BUT you smell like the Apricot girl from Strawberry Shortcake- it's uncanny how much it smells like that doll- anyone remember her???? I imagine Sica will go out and purchase this immediately, everyone else will probably avoid it!

Now that I've got a little more free time I'll try to post more. The nursery is finished- maybe I'll get a little bit up tomorrow with pictures......

Last, but not least- a shout out to Baby Ian- one of William's little cousins. Now he's big boy Ian- he's 2, this is an old picture, but I thought it was cute. He's hamming it up with Grandmom!!!! We think he needs his own blog so we can keep up with him!


4 comments:

The Colorado Carrs said...

I cant believe he is almost here!!!
one week!! 8 days!!! Do you have someone lined up to blog for us so we know what's going on. I dont know if I can handle the suspence?

I am glad you are getting out and doing lots of things/eating. You will get to go again, it just mightbe a while!!!

Come On William!!!!!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

jessica would be all about that bug spray!
good job livin' it up! you will so appreciate this time. yes you must have someone blog for us. how are we going to know when he comes!?

Anonymous said...

We have got to get you a more recent picture. Maybe Ian and I will set up a blog one I have high speed internet somewhere other than work. Can't wait for baby William. Ian will have a cousin to play with. - Stephanie

Sunday Grant Photography said...

come on we need to know how the doc was?