Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring fever

I need it to be warm...like asap! So does baby William. This picture was yesterday...ahh 70 degrees, summy, warm, spring like! Today, (less than 24hr after i snapped this picture) Chad tried to take him outside for a walk...oh wait, it started to sleet- seriously? It's spring break! ugh... I had such big plans for spring break- mainly working in the yard...with a high of 40 tomorrow and rain almost everyday, I think SB'09 will be held indoors for me. I am cleaning the sewing room...and by room, I mean closet...out. I'm trying to use up all of the little pieces of fabric I've kept thinking "oh, I love this...I can use it for something"...well "something" will be made this week or it's byebye fabric. I have big plans people.... I did make Katie's tutus- LOVE them...hopefully Anna and Katie will too! Mine aren't quite so full, but I'm a boy mom- I shouldn't be a tutu perfectionist! And I've finished lots of 1/2 way started projects. I'll post one big SB '09 sewfest picture at the end of the week!
I should be embarrassed- this picture is terrible- they look better in person :-)
I tried to take WDP in for a Easter picture...he wasn't having any part of being in a photography studio. He cried, and cried and wouldn't let go of me- the weird guy working there didn't help........ brought him home, plopped him in the yard and viola! not too bad!
Speaking of crying, we went hard core "cry it out" Friday- Sunday. Friday was horrible, Saturday- not too bad and last night not a peep. Hopefully we are back on the sleeping track! Thanks to Sica for the wrds of encouragement!
Not too many tears here- I am frantically trying to find a few nice days for William to wear all of the great gifts he got when he was born- this is a 12mo and I'm telling him to suck it in when I snap it at the bottom- but the pirate- I love the pirate! Polly- you are #1!!!!!!!
please note fat roll- i love these...and if you kind of squeeze he will go into hysterical giggles!

And lastly- a little rainy day fun... ( I just read in a book that they are not to play in dishwashers)...I like to think he was helping, not "playing" so it was ok :-)
And our new motto at Chateau de Perry- "Must chew... anything..everything...I must chew!!!!"

8 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

Oh i can wait to see what you make during sewfest. Boy how spring break plans have changed for us!! William is so sweet!! Good job on the cry it out too. We let BellaRose "help" us with the dishwasher as well.

Byerly said...

I love sewfest! Kudos to you for making the best of Rainy SB '09 ~ Chesson has already worn his bunny jonjon 3 times. It really is my favorite thing that he can wear right now! Thanks again. :o)

The Colorado Carrs said...

yea for sleep!!! I am proud of you mama.

We had snow on Sat. It bit a big one I tell ya! SO we went to the pool! I need spring too!

Melanie said...

I hear ya on the weather. How can my kids wear their Easter gear when it's 32 degrees outside? Good luck sewing!!!

MJG said...

Don't worry, it definitely snowed here last night. But it's supposed to warm up again the day after tomorrow. Freaky mountain weather!
I love his little fat rolls too. My niece has some serious ones and I could just eat 'em up!

Rachael M. said...

Sewfest!!!!!! You need a t-shirt. Preferably airbrushed.

I made one of those tutus for a friend's daughter but I cut the pieces long so it was a "princess skirt" Or crazy hair. Take your pick. lol They are so cute!

Also, my friend Whitney has an almost identical picture of her daughter "helping" with dishes. I think it's a rite of passage!

Jim and Sarah Howell said...

JT!!!!!! Sorry, I probably should have asked your permission to link you to my page. It's funny how you feel like you are more in touch with people than you really are by looking at these things...your family is beautiful and you look great! Talk to you later, S

Unknown said...

i am with you on the warm weather, anytime it's sunny i run outside as fast as i can.
the crying it out is hard but soooo worth it. good job mom.
sewfest sounds exciting. can't wait to see. love the tutoos.