Monday, November 9, 2009

My first house

OK, I did it. I stood in line at Toys R Us on Friday for a "doorbuster"...did I not just blog about how I despise plastic stuff.... but look at this face.
I mean, he squealed when he saw it. We played in it all weekend. He loves it, so therefore I do not despise the plastic stuff...as much...anymore. It's the Step 2 "Neat and Tidy Cottage"- It really was a steal. And my plan is to sell it on Craigslist next spring when it's old hat and he doesn't squeal every time he sees it. William loves opening things- cabinets, the fridge, doors, etc, so this is perfect.
The shutters may be his favorite part. We played peek-a-boo a lot! It never got old.

Check him out- a doorbell (that's not too loud), a little table, sink, 2 chairs, a working door- everything a 15 mo old could want.
We even put out Christmas lights on the porch so he can play at "night"...with the time change Nashville gets dark around 5- it'll be dark by 4:45 in a few weeks- yuck! It's on the porch right outside the kitchen window so we can be inside and he can be "outside" (on the locked, screened porch) and he thinks he's so big....just look at him :-) Be prepared for many more posts on the house- it's our new hangout.....

6 comments:

The Colorado Carrs said...

such a good mama you are!!!!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

BellaRose loves opening the shutters on houses like that too! WDP is too cute and you are SO craigslist savvy.

JTP said...

no, no...I am cheap, not Craigslist savvy...It makes me feel a little better about buying that stuff when I know I can sell it and get half or more of my money back :-) With only one baby you can get rid of stuff....no baby #2 to save it for for me!

KatieKate said...

LOVE IT.

It's dark here at 5pm, too. Makes me want to go to bed at 5:05pm.

Byerly said...

Chesson is so jealous! That house is AWESOME!! William is clearly in love!

Elizabeth said...

You are right! That face WAS worth the wait in line. Priceless and precious!