Sunday, June 20, 2010



Summer is keeping me busy- I feel like I have dropped out of the blog world- sorry! William and I are staying busy at the parks, the zoo, Target, the ice cream shop...you name it! His new thing to say is "Yeah!" and he is just so excited saying it.... and of course we've learned "hiding" which is translated into "hi-ing" but basically if you ask where anything is it is "hi-ing" or he takes something and now it's hi-ing.... so cute! He is going to school 2 or 3 days per week and is doing so well- he knows all of his colors and that target is on the way to school. Some days he'll say "no school, Target puh-weese"...ahhh! He is becoming so sweet and caring. Last night he just patted my arm while I was rocking him....oh sweet baby!!! Melt my heart!

If there is one of these animal/ mascot-y things within 10 miles William needs a hug- it's so cute! We went to Greenville at the beginning of June for Touch a Truck- major hit! He also fell in love with my stepmom Betsy..."betsy this and Betsy that" He wanted everything Betsy.... He still asks me about "betsy's turn" meaning he wants to jump into the pool and have her catch him. It had been so long since I'd been around Greenville- we went to tons of parks- Greenville's not afraid to build tall slides! The parks and rec department has stepped up their game in Greenville- if you're there make sure you check out the parks- I had one tired baby every night which to me is a sign of a fun park!

We also stopped by Windy Gap in Weaverville- it was so nice... It felt like home even though it seems like a million years since I've been there... William "loved" the horses- and by love I mean he talked about them after we left... he was just ok with them while we were in the barn!

7 comments:

Kim said...

He's getting so big! And I love that the park in your photo is covered - what a brilliant idea. We need that here!

Byerly said...

I'm so jealous that you went to Windy Gap!! -- We love going to the park (any park) too. I think William and Chesson would be great friends.

Paula said...

I seem to recall that William's mother was not really excited to feed the horses treats either...
So fun getting to visit with y'all for a little bit. COME BACK!

MJG said...

I'll be ok with you coming to Asheville and not calling me if you tell me that you at least took the boy to Stoke's. :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

He's so precious. You guys are always going to the coolest parks and having so much fun, you are such a great mom.
I love that you got a visit in at windy gap too....but we didn't see you and that is sad.

Rachael M. said...

I hate hate hate hate that I missed you guys.

I mean, really.

More than you believe.