Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween gifts for teachers

I had such great plans ...and then the last Friday before Halloween was here and I was giftless. I know, I don't "have" to do something, but I am so lucky that WDP is at a school where everyone loves him and he is learning so much, and has so much fun. His teachers this year are awesome! We are lucky to have Miss megan back for a second year and now have Ms. Trisha too. He calls them "trisha-meg-ann"...as if they are just one person. Sometimes I'll tell him we're going to Target and he'll randomly ask "Where Trisha- meg-ann?" It amazes me that anyone can work with 2 year olds all day every day....so....I love them and wanted to do a little something. I decided on a Howdoesshe? caramel dipping sauce. You HAVE to make this. EASY. Delicious. Yum. Did I mention Easy??? What a great Christmas treat for a neighbor or friend. And seriously- 2 batches 5 cups of yumminess in about 30 minutes!!!! Less had I not been unloading the dishwasher and looking for my measuring cups (WDP had them in his kitchen)
Caramel dipping sauce
Put into saucepan
1/3 c butter
3/4 c brown sugar
3/4 c sugar
1/2 c corn syrup

Stir on medium until it boils (5 ish minutes). Remove from heat. Wait 5 min. Whisk in
2/3 c whipping cream...I used heavy...not sure what the difference is, but heavy was on sale, so heavy whipping cream it was!
1/2t vanilla...she doesn't say do this, but really, isn't everything a little better with vanilla????
Pour into cute leftover jam jars. Refrigerate. Use within 2 weeks...as if it will last that long. Makes 2 1/2 cups. It gets thicker as it gets cold. Yum!!!!

I almost made a bag out of candycorn fabric (thank you for talking me out of it MelMel)...which we think WDP may be allergic to- huge hives outbreak this week- but went for the cellophane bag and bow. I use these treat bags from target for everything. I need to buy them wholesale :-)

Enjoy...any good teacher gifts you can share with me a "new mom of a schooler" I would love you!!!!