Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Getting ready

So we are in full speed ahead mode getting ready for baby William at our house. Chad has just about finished the nursery- he did an awesome job getting the Murphy bed and all of the cabinets built. Hopefully the whole thing will be finished by this weekend and I'll be able to get some pics up. We went to Lowe's to look at carpet and they had unfortunately mispriced some super thick, super sweet, plush carpet as this cheap berber, so we bought it :-) It was a steal. I should maybe feel badly about the pricing error, but the flooring zone manager- whatever that is- priced it and cut it for us, so..... I don't feel too bad. Chad's putting in the carpet today- and it was so cheap, he's doing our bedroom too- yeah! I LOVE new carpet!!!!! Check back this weekend for pictures of that!!!

We went to our first baby class last night. It was the last in a series at the hospital where we'll go, but I didn't want to take all of the other classes- who wants to see how big the epidural needle will be? Not me. I just wanted to know what you do with them when they get home- so we skipped everything except for this class. They had cake and all kinds of party stuff- apparently for the "graduation." Here's Chad behaving with the baby.....

And one of Chad playing around trying to make the baby look like it was taking notes.....

Chad was enamored by the babies- well, baby dolls. Ours was not the cutest, he was squinty eyed, but Chad played with him all night, while I, the mother, took copious notes on how to care for the baby. Apparently you can't use bumpers anymore. Someone should've told me before I remade mine about 4 times to get it just right. It's monogrammed minky fleece- we have to use it! I'll think about that one. Chad has become a professional swaddler. At the end there was a table full of babies- it was kind of creepy.

One more baby class for us this week- my doctor, Dr. Storck (yes, that's really her name- adorable right?)- asked me to go this one so she'll know more about it. It's called- get ready- "Expressions"- I'm thinking it's about signing with your baby- nope it's on pumping. Chad may not be quite as enthusiastic about this class...... It's Thursday night and we're going to go look for birth announcements from Hatch Show Print before class- that part I know he'll love.

I'm still having a hard time figuring out how to do links for the blog and how to make text line up beside the pictures.... Any help???? Sorry for the poor photo quality, we took pics at class, well Chad did while I was taking notes, :-) but used his cell phone. When I downloaded them I found some other cute ones I thought I'd put up here.

Sweet Maddie after a UGA game.....

Her dad, William, rockin' the jean shorts at the beach back in the day..... I think this is a photo of a video tape paused- I just thought it was funny :-)


By the way if you're looking to kill time at work, click on Sunday's blog and check out her pictures from a wedding this past weekend. I hope this mom looks that good when baby William is about to turn 1. Happy Birthday to her sweet Bella Rose!

11 comments:

Sasha said...

we forgot to take our camera, it was a last minute thing, spur of the moment, because we are crazy like that. there was some delicious food there...ummmmm the gyros were yummy as well as the greek pizza...not so much the baklava, i almost threw up and was pretty nauseous the rest of the night....why cant you use bumpers anymore? i dont know if i believe that, you just have to make sure they are tied down really well and know there will be a time when you have to take it out....like when he is mobile and pulling it off....twisting himself in it....good luck at "expressions", sounds fun! i think ya'll took the opposite classes we did and its a good thing because i closed my eyes during the birth video, why would you show a pregnant person that?....would have rather had a doll to play with!hope your notes come in handy when you take the baby home :)

Sasha said...

and tell uncle chad i am impressed he is behaving with that doll better than he did the first time he held coplin....it kinda looks natural for him....

Sunday Grant Photography said...

oh go ahead and use your bumper! we used ours until BellaRose was standing in her crib about 8 months. they are too pretty not to use. i can't wait to see pictures of everything. oh an on the epidural you are going to want that thing so badly you aren't going to care how big it is, the pain of the shot it nothing compared to the contractions! you will do great. thank you so much for the shout out! you are way too kind to me!!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

i would tell you how to do links, but i can't remember what the icon looks like. it is when you are typing your post and it is one of the icons at the top. you highlight the word you want to be the link and then click on the icon and type in the address or paste the address. you should just go click on all the icons until the one where you put an address shows up.

vern said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vern said...

i'm going to say ditto on sunday's comment abt the bumpers. all of ours have used them, and when you walk in to check on them and see their head jammed in the corner of the crib, you think, 'man, i'm glad we have that bumper-otherwise that would be really uncomfortable.' so excited abt the upcoming arrival of your little william.

Sunday Grant Photography said...

oh and it is called SPANX!

JTP said...

you are silly Sunday! I'm glad everyone thinks I should use a bumper...I think I want to use it. And I love SPANX too, but I will tell you the maternity ones aren't as good as the regular ones. Another reason why Oprah and I would be BFF- she loves SPANX too.....

Sunday Grant Photography said...

i got the maternity ones as well. they aren't as good and after awhile the belly overshadows everything and then you don't need them!

Rachael M. said...

Not using bumpers is a scare tactic. You know how it is - one kid suffocates on a bumper and now no one can have one. Besides - how could they still sell them if they were baby killers? And last time I checked, they are still in the bedding sets...

Maybe don't leave your baby in the crib unattended for 12 hours at a time and he'll be fine.

I'm so sick of idiots messing it up for everyone else.

JTP said...

So I apologize to William- he thinks his head looks big in the picture, he should be more concerned about the jean shorts :-)