Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Nesting

OK, I am in full on "nesting" mode. watch out! Last week it was the yard, this week it's the nursery. Well, I'm cracking the whip on Chad, which to me is a form of nesting. Chad is making a murphy bed - one that folds into the wall- for baby William- well for when he's older, but I want it now :-) It will be cute! He's doing a fabulous job and is also building a complete wall unit out of it so it will look like built-in cabinets- but you'll have to wait on pictures of that! He did get out the router Monday night to do the edges of all the doors, so I think secretly he is enjoying nesting too.... he even told someone on the phone that he was busy making something,"for his son"- that's the first time we've called him that- he's always baby William. It was funny to hear....
OK, I'm not only nesting for baby William, I have been working on koozies for Anna's third birthday party- it was only going to be a few, but turns out she's quite the popular three year old in Mobile and now there are 31 kids coming. I'm just glad it's Kack's house and not mine. Check them out- all the cool kids in Mobile,AL will be kicking back their...wait what do three year old's drink???? Regardless it will be cold this summer and it will have their name on it... Of course I was slack and didn't cut the strings off most of them- sorry MK, you will have to do that yourself next week before the big shindig.
My favorite toy has been getting a workout lately making the koozies and other things- The Babylock- my monogrammer Chad let me buy two years ago when we finished and sold our first house- a burned out 1939 in a historic part of Nashville. Here's a quick before and after-



The babylock has been working overtime to do the koozies. Not to feel left out baby William has been getting his fair share of things. well I actually made the first thing without his name on it the other day. He has matching bibs, burpcloths, and changing pads. It's almost too much, but I LOVE it. He will one day look back at pictures and hate it, but it makes me happy to look at how pretty, white, and unstained they are right now- oh and pressed. I'm 100% positive I will not iron his burp cloths after the first use, but for now I like to fold and press them- they look so perfect that way! here's one set- I know it's a little girly, but hey, he's a baby, he won't mind the bow on the changing pad, right????

Last thing- back to the yard.... what's going on here? Check out my vincas- something is putting holes in the leaves and munching at the flowers- any ideas? It better not be slugs or I will salt the whole flower bed......






8 comments:

The Colorado Carrs said...

That house is so cute!!!As is all of your "gear" your making.

So talented you are!

Sasha said...

the koozies are cute, and i am glad that your realize that the things are cute and pretty and neat now and will probably never look like that again after baby william gets here. i did the same thing with eli!!it was nice for a little while, until feb 2 2005 but your stuff looks great!

Sasha said...

i put my childs bday wrong, i dont even know when who was born when feb 6 2005

Sunday Grant Photography said...

you know BellaRose's room is all white bedding and it is still white. I think I am much like you with wanting things to stay white. Hello, oxi clean anyone? I love the Koozies!!!! Love them. I might have to commission you to make them for me and stuff. You are amazing JT, so talented! I love that house too. I cannot wait to see this murphy bed.

Sunday Grant Photography said...

#1 your lists are killing me on the blogs. i can just hear you saying them. #2 you make me laugh!

Rachael M. said...

That house is AWESOME.

Callie tried to get me to get a babyloc, but I did not have a winning scratch-off yet, so that is something in the future, and then we will be the most monogramming ho's in the southeast...I just make her do my stuff until then. LOL

Something keeps eating my hosta. I thought it was slugs, so we tried putting out beer for them, but they seem to be wise to that trick.

Rachael M. said...

Oh lord - I'll get my student loans paid off in, oh, about 30 years...Seriously - I owe almost as much in loans as we owe on our house.

*sigh*

Sunday Grant Photography said...

where are you!? we need updates.