Sunday, June 29, 2008

Pictures...finally

Please forgive me....I was really trying to do well at the whole blog thing and I've gotten slack, sorry!!!!
Here's us at our shower last weekend....


I've been busy this weekend. I made an outfit for my friend Rachel from Furman's girl Lucy and Mary Beck. I thought they turned out well- not too matchy matchy....


Making these made me want to make a bubble for baby William. It's a little girly I know, but come on, he'll only be tiny one time and I intend on dressing him like a baby. I love the giraffe fabric Mary Katherine got it for me- I've got enough for a winter and next spring outfit so you'll see it again.



I also don't like just diapers on babies(everyone says I'll get over it, we'll see...), well not on my baby so I decided I should make William some boxers. They have a little "fly" stitched on them, but you can't see it in the picture. These are just for lounging.


Everyone's told me I need tons of onsies. I just can't imaging him in something plain, so I'm appliquing them. It's soo easy. I had a pack of doggies, but only used one. I made the UGA(well kind of), dinosaur, and apple. Suggestions for other appliques? maybe a rocket ship???? turtle?? The hard part is drawing them..... They're really easy to do. maybe I'll post directions later :-)

Chad's also been super busy. I think he's nesting in his own way. He tore down our picket fence to expand the front yard and has put up a pretty cool patterned fence. It needs a month to dry out before he can paint it. Luckily William will be here by then and I'll be too busy to help :-) The old fence posts are still up- it looks like a big wheels stunt course in our yard :-)



Chad's also built another Murphy bed- we LOVE these!!! It's upstairs and just looks like a closet (he hasn't built doors over the mini storage compartment yet). It folds out super easy. Now we're just waiting on a guest... He had to take away a wall where lots of his music stuff went, but I think he's new music cubby is comparable to my sewing closet- no doors yet, but he's pretty efficient in the way he stores stuff don't you think??? All week he's be "arranging" his stuff to make it just right- I think he just likes to roll and reroll all of his cords and organize them.




So we have been busy, I've just been too busy/ lazy to post about it. I'll be better when William gets here which by the way is less than a month away!!!!

8 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

you back slashed busy with lazy...uumm those don't go together it looks like you have in fact been very busy. i LOVE the boxers. people told me i would get over things as well, and i never have and still do them how i want, so good for you for making boxers! love all the other clothes too. you are just amazing. i still can't get over you. and are you sure you are pregnant in that picture b/c you sure don't look like you are pregnant! that must have been for a bridal shower.

Courtney @ Pizzazzerie said...

I took that picture of ya'll! Love it. And as for the applique onesie ideas - turtle.. duh! William can't wear his polka dotted outfit everytime, what will he wear when we go cruising for chicks? And the boxers, LOVE IT! when he's lounging, haha, like watching wonder pets.

The Colorado Carrs said...

Seriously, you should open your own shop. those outfits are too cute. Boxers!!!!!! Genius.

Can Chad please come to my house. I cannot get my husband to lift a finger in the yard. Dont ask me why. He has fabulous ideas but is way to preoccupied with fishing and jeeping to make time for yard work....priorities, ugh! Guess thats why we dont have any grass. I miss grass.

Callie said...

You need a little onesie with a baby chick on it (like Ming Ming- even though she is a duck) and it should say Chick Magnet under it. The boxers are awesome! I loved the little dress and bubbles. I am such a loser. I never sew anything. Why don't you live here? Or I live there????

JTP said...

Yes, I will make a onsie with a turtle...I need to find a good picture of a turtle! I can look online tomorrow at work :-) you guys are sweet to asay the baby clothes are cute- they're EASY!!!! I'm glad everyone likes the boxers, I do too- i get nervous when I see diapers w/o a covering- they could be poopie...

Sunday Grant Photography said...

JT you are so hilirious. I LOVE IT!! it could be a poopie and it could be a blowout so any extra protection is ALWAYS good.

Sasha said...

looks like you are in full mode for the baby to be here...thats was an exhausting blog entry, good stuff but i got tired reading all the stuff ya'll are doing.guess i am still in the drag my feet ugh i am tired phase. love the boxers. i dont like it when the kids are in just their diapers, but i do find it happens occasionally (doesnt mean i like it) i guess they are kinda like the shorts pattern you gave me but smaller huh...maybe after i get the shorts made i will get more creative ideas, of course we may not need boxers because we think this one may be a girl...so bloomers then right?

KatieKate said...

Microsoft clip art has great free silouhettes (if you're not gonna sell them)... but you prolly already knew that!