Monday, June 30, 2008

I forgot....

How did I forget to post this yesterday??? It was the funniest thing that happened to me all week- don't get too excited, it's not that funny, but life is boring right now....

Chad and I sold my cute little convertible- the "pre-Honda Odyssey" as he called it. A sweet nursing student bought it- she'll be so cute driving it and a car seat won't fit in it, so we needed to get another old car for Chad to drive baby William to daycare in (I'll be picking him up and will be driving Chad's car) Confused? Me too. We also needed to keep a truck for Chad's contracting job because quite often he needs a truck to haul stuff around. My bright idea was to buy an extended cab truck. Baby William can ride in the back, Chad has something to move stuff around in, and surely I could drive an extended cab truck on the weekends when Chad takes his car and goes out of town to play music- The perfect solution to our problems. If you didn't know this would mean I'm going from driving a tiny little BMW convertible to an extended cab truck..... a bigger difference than you would imagine.

I decide to check out Craigslist- my new favorite place to "shop" or unload my own junk- it's actually how I sold my car:-) We found a truck, a Chevy something or other, it's just big. We test drove it, the guy was nice- it was his grandpa's, low miles, right price, etc. Chad drives it home and drives it all week- everything's fine....

Chad went to Atlanta to play music this weekend with his 70s and 80s band Stone Cold Fox/ White Leopard Crue/ Elecrtic Boogaloo (they have a lot of names). He takes the Matrix (better gas mileage on road trips) so I'm going to rock out in the truck. Let's just say it took me 4 times to attempt to park it at Vanderbilt because it's sooo long (see photo below). I had to go to the doctor and luckily the parking garage was closed for renovations so they had free valet parking. It's just sooo big. I'm going to have to go to a parking lot and learn how to park this land boat. Check it out parked next to an SUV at work.....


The best part is the neon blue bumper sticker on the back glass that just says "Jesus" in cursive. The front tag says "The Bull"- apparently that was the grandpas nickname and the guy we bought it from said it'd mean a lot if we could leave the tag on, so we are. baby William's new ride is the The Bull- the super long land boat that mom can't park....yet I may go practice this evening. :-)

3 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

oh my goodness! I love that you guys did get "the bull" and not another car. that is perfect. i would have loved to have seen you in that boat being 9 months pregnant. what a sight.

The Colorado Carrs said...

Love it!!!!

Anonymous said...

1. Yes, I'm baa-aack. And checking up on all I've missed!

2. That truck is the total, utter opposite definition of a rollerskate. ... (Do you remember that?!! GTC days, trying to find a parking space, going "Ah, we found one... scratch that... it's a rollerskate.") I still of that, almost on a daily basis, hauling butt into the parking lot at work (some things never change). So funny, what the mind remembers. p.s. What really is the opposite of a rollerskate? Hmmm...