Sunday, August 17, 2008

Just another day...

Today was just another normal day, but they're starting to go by so quickly- he's getting too big too fast! My friend Christian stopped by to see the baby and he even commented on how much bigger baby William is since we left the hospital- how do they change so fast??? Christian did stop and bring us Dippin' Dots- the ice cream of the future- yum! Thanks Christian! William fell asleep on me so we don't have any pictures of the two of them- so sad!



Christian's visit to see our little "scholar"down in Franklin

Speaking of baby William falling asleep on me- he did the unthinkable- he has the really cute way of "smiling" at you right before he goes number 2. Most of the time you can hear it. Stay with me here...today after Christian left, Chad and I heard it, giggled about it and then I felt like it was on me and thought "surely not." Well- surely it was- yuck! I mean all over me, like I ended up taking a shower all over me. All I kept thinking was that 1) Chad had offered to hold him right before this happened (should've taken him up on the offer) and 2) seriously, did he just poop on me? Good thing he's the cutest baby in the world- i didn't mind taking an extra shower.... ah, the life of a new mom!

He's outgrown a few more outfits- after the blowout Chad changed him into a funny onsie from Shawn and Vanessa- way too small! I can't believe it! We're going to try and convert his small onsies into t-shirts. Maybe he's just long and lean like Michael Phelps...
Please note the snaps don't even come to where the diaper begins...

We went to our new favorite restaurant- Tossed (it's this great build your own salad place) and I finally took a picture of the way he likes to ride in the car seat-

pretty cute huh? We try to reposition his head and he moves whatever you prop him up on until he can slump over- Oh well!


Lastly, he loves listening to Chad play the guitar- better the guitar than the drums, at least for now anyways! It's so cute! Today I swear he was dancing as Chad strummed James Brown- our little Soul Street baby (that's my favorite station on XM).

4 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

i have almost the exact same picture of worth playing the guitar to BellaRose is the boppy! so much fun. i am so proud of you for handling your first "showered in poop" so gracefully. you are awesome.

JTP said...

you are sweet- he did it again last night/ this morning, I was not so graceful then :-) thank goodness for Chad!

Sasha said...

hahahahah...im sorry but i cant help but laugh.there is no way to warn anyone of all those "pleasant" moments with new baby!

Courtney @ Pizzazzerie said...

I love the picture of Chad playing guitar to him - and him riding in the car seat to Tossed. SO CUTE! Though, not so cute is his little poo incident!