Sunday, August 24, 2008

One month down

I cannot believe it's been a month since William was born!!! It just seems like we've always had him. Chad and I are both falling into the parent routine pretty well- especially for getting up every three hours for the last month! I thought he was getting bigger, but never would I have imagined how much weight he has gained in just the past two weeks. We went to the doctor Friday because he's been fussy, had these crazy bumps on his face and upper back, and we thought maybe it was a reaction to some medicine he's taking for thrush- all in all he's fine, we're not tasking the thrush medicine, but the big news was that he's jumped from the 75th percentile to the 97th in just two weeks!!! That's right he went from 9lbs 6oz to 11lbs and either 5 or 15 oz..I can't remember!, but regardless that's a lot of milk this baby has been putting down- go baby William! No wonder he's outgrowing all of his clothes! What a one month birthday surprise to hear how well he's growing!


he's so cute when he sleeps- he broke out of the swaddle and was twisting in this picture... I'm glad the flash doesn't wake him :-)

To celebrate his big birthday we went downtown to the Dragon Boat Festival- we got there right at the end, but it looked pretty cool. There were teams like the Pirates of the Cumberland (the river that runs through Nashville), the Pie-Rats, and the Slosh Bucklers. Pretty funny. They had team chants and decorated boats. Maybe next year we'll catch more racing.

The family at the river front- just a few weekends ago at the fair you couldn't see his head above the pouch!

We walked down to Boot Country to kill some time- no boots for baby William quite yet. Then we met up with Stacy who was sweet enough to ditch her recommendation letter writing fest :-) to come meet us at Las Palettas. This time it was Plum for me and Strawberry Pineapple for Chad- both were amazing! To top off the birthday bash we went looking fr a new washing machine (ours is getting a workout with all of the baby things- how does someone so small dirty so many things???) and met Brian and Rebecca for dinner at maniacs- what a day!!! Just wait until Month 2 birthday rolls around- oh that's shot day at the doctor, we probably will not celebrate!

Month 1 has been such a sweet time with the baby- I can't wait to see how much he changes in the next four weeks.... maybe he'll be sleeping for a five hour stretch at night by then :-)


Here are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure

he loves to twist around in the swing before he gets buckled in

I'm glad chopped me out of the picture, well my head at least.... hmmm

2 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

you guys sound like you are doing so well and i am so proud of you for doing so many things. it makes life so much more enjoyable. did they say why he was fussy? what were the bumps?

The Colorado Carrs said...

I agree you guys are doing so much its so wonderful!!!I think the first time I went out of the house...besides the doctor... was at two weeks. Of course ti was december.....

I love the way he is looking at chad in that top picture!

I also love the announcment!