Monday, January 19, 2009

January updates

Ok, I've been slack on the post, but the stomach bug made it's way through the Perry trio- yuck. I had it last weekend when Chad was out of town. William was such a trooper- I think he knew I was just barely hanging on because he would play in the excersaucer for about an hour when normally 20-30 minutes is his max. Monday WDP got it and threw up for the first time...twice! Poor little buddy. And finally it made it's way to Chad. We're all better and had a nice four day weekend (MLK Day plus a "it's too cold for school so let's close school" Friday- I love days like that).

We went to another birthday party this weekend- a cookie decorating party- so fun! WDP just looked around mostly, but obviously had a grand time by the one hour nap he took after we left :-)



I was excited because it was the first time we were able to use his new gift enclosures. Rachael made these- aren't they the best?! She just had her baby but seriously if you need any paper-y type things she does such a great job- Callie says she loves paper the way I love fabric. I don't know if anyone else noticed his card, but I just loved wrapping the gift and having that on it!

Lastly, he is really getting into a sippie cup. He's been interested in a cup for a while now and we're trying lots of sippies. I did find out that Avent has attachable handles and sippie tops to convert your bottles into cups- what a great idea! He loves drinking out of the old tupperware cups from the 80s, but spills a little too much for his formula.



I can't believe he'll be 6mo old this week :-) We head to the doctor Friday for shots and all that other check-up stuff. We've been working on a trick to impress Dr. Leeper- I'll try to video it this week- essentially it's "One two three" and he sits up and then "one two three" and he pulls to a stand... it's cute :-)

Lastly, lastly....On Friday I looked at a website called youcanmakethis.com and bought a pattern- here's what it turned out to be. They're supposed to be dresses, I think they may be too short, but would be super cute swimsuit coverups, or make them shorter for a cute top. It said "easy" and it was- 2 in about an hour. Let me know i you want the pattern and I can email it to you. It even has pictures beside the steps to make sure you're sewing correctly- a fun quick project for all you crafty types out there!

Have a great week!!!!

5 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

WDP is just so cute! I love him. I also love that dress, can you make that in big girl sizes? like my size? LOVE IT! i was wondering where you have been, the stomach bug is no fun!

KatieKate said...

Yes- the dresses. Adorable... and what I wan tto wear all the time. BUT, since my Polish heritage is showing in my hips and thighs these days, the dress would have to be a bit longer. But I'd love the pattern if no one close claims it.

And the paper... the PAPER WITH THE DRUMS on it. Oh my lanta... so cute.

Byerly said...

I'm so glad to hear the Perry Trio is feeling better. ~ I love seeing William use his sippy cup. He always seems so much older than Chesson, even though there's just a month's difference. Isn't it so wild how much they change each month? Also, I missed your other post....the bouncing and laughing is great. He is a happy little guy!!

Rachael M. said...

Thanks for the shout out :-D

HOW CUTE IS WDP's APRON!?!?!?!?!

I can't wait to run cookie decorating parties for all our rugrat friends. That is right up my party alley :-D

Callie said...

That trip to Mary-Jo's when he was in the womb influenced him!!! Ha ha. I'm glad he likes it because he'll be around it all his life!
Miss you!