Wednesday, January 21, 2009

good news and bad news

OK, so first the good news...William loves fabric. I mean LOVES fabric- ahh, my heart cries tears of joy. We went to the fabric store on Monday and you would've thought we were at the state fair- he loved it and was just looking at everyone and everything and touching fabric. It was so sweet. And then to make me even happier I was cutting out a few dresses and Chad was holding William and he began to squirm in that "I need to get that thing right now"- you know how babies do and what did he want??? The fabric... so sweet!

OK, the other good news. We had "snow" Monday- really it was just flurries and they didn't last for long, but William was in heaven. We bundled up and went outside and he was looking around with such amazement it was precious! I hope we get a good snow not only because I want a few days off of school, but also because I want him to play in real snow.
look really close to see flakes :-)

Now for the bad news. I can't cook- I mean I try, but I just can't. I like to bake. it's easy. I tried to cook again last night- I needed some french onion soup. After spending way too much money on ingredients like fresh thyme and dry sherry (which I'll never use again) and cooking 6lbs of onions down over 3 1/2 hours to this caramel-y goodness my pot broke/ exploded/ the bottom fell out- whatever. It was a disaster. It was soo messy, soo hot, so ruined was my yummy soup. I can't decide if I hate that my soup was ruined after such good effort or that my pot was broken- it's the perfect mac and cheese pot or baked rice pot. Ugh. I'm glad Chad cooks dinner or we would starve. And to think I'm considering making WDP's baby food....

4 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

oh no!!! how in the world did it break??? i bet you can take it back and get a new one. those things are supposed to get smoking hot. we tool back all out pots and pans after having them for almost 4 years and got a whole new set, plus money back! WDP LOVES fabric. how amazing is that! so sweet.

The Colorado Carrs said...

Maybe William will be the next winner on Project runway!!!

SO sorry your pot broke. It looks so pretty! Its good to have one cooker and one baker, your th eperfect match!!

KatieKate said...

Pot breakage is not good. Woman, I have some onion soup that will rock your world and NOT break any pots. Promise. Super simple.

Send your fabric loving child to me immediately.

Byerly said...

Sad, sad, sad - about the soup and the pot. I'm sure you were looking forward to some delicious warm soup. What a terrible disappointment. I'm with Sunday...return that sucker! ~ William is a boy after his mama's heart. love it!