Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow day!!!!

Today was our third snow day of the year. Of course there was no "snow"- it snowed fairly heavy, large flakes for all of three minutes and then it was gone. If you haven't been in school for a while, maybe you've forgotten the joy of waking up only to find out you get to go back to bed. Well double that joy and you have teacher happiness for snow days- all of the fun of staying home plus you get paid- does it get any better than working for the government???? It was great to have a mid week day off and to play with William.

Newsflash....he's almost mobile! Yep, that's right, he's soooo close to taking off! A short video (excuse the darkness, our den really isn't that dark, I just can't make good videos in there ) for your viewing pleasure....



I think it's the new food. I made peas for him this weekend. I think I'm going to try and make as much of his food as possible. For a girl who can't cook, I did a pretty good job if I do say so myself. They're so pretty and green and actually quite tasty! Any tips from those of you who've done this before would be appreciated. I'm reading/using Cooking for Baby- honestly because it has pretty pictures, I can't lie :-) We're just going through the book. Our next food is zucchini. We'll try that this weekend.



We went to the doctor last Friday for the big 6mo check-up. Things I learned:
1) Never make an appointment on Friday afternoon at 4:00...we had to wait...for a long time.
2) I really like Dr. Leeper. He's so patient and kind. I feel lucky to really like him since I know
we'll probably see him a lot.
3) William is a trooper. he had all of the shots and didn't even cry. He looked at me like "Oh no" and then we were out the door and maybe he just forgot about it. I did take his paci and he was using that, but I was so proud of him for being such a big boy!
4) WDP is huge. He weighed 19lbs .3oz and was 28in long. No wonder all of his 12mo clothes hardly fit :-) Sweet baby!

this is brand new- sz 6-12mo- please note it's 4in above his ankles....



Dad and Betsy were here and got William a great highchair (Thanks!)...Well, we call it his astronaut seat. He seems to like it. I hate that they left right before he crawled! He loved having so much attention this weekend.

The novelty of somewhere new to sit is amazing!

pre- crawling. I like to think he's imitating a walrus....

Lastly, a snow day for me meant a sew day. Chad had some quality baby William time this afternoon and I made this dress (Lucy) and bubble (Taylor) for Anna and Katie. I'm really into cutting the center out of bubbles or the top off a dress with funky fabric and adding white with a monogram...I have lots of this fabric left over so my guess is baby Lilah and baby Louise will both be getting a Taylor out of this...you haven't seen the last of this fabric yet :-)

I hope your Wednesday was as fabulous as mine!!!!

7 comments:

Byerly said...

Look at him go! How exciting that he's on the move. Love the video. ~ JT, you're making you're own baby food? You're my hero. Is the book very helpful? I think I would need clear, step by step directions.

The Colorado Carrs said...

rylie kept saying "dee weum gin" or see william again

SO cute!!!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

love the outfits of course. as you know BellaRose finally can wear the duck outfit you made her. she was 18 lbs at her 12 month appt :). I love that fabric. I might have to make a purchase from you for one for BR this summer. You are so good! love WDP! it is so good to have a friend who is a teacher and realize how much you like snowdays. I still have a student mentality that teachers want to be there all the time!

KatieKate said...

Look at that food! Way to go, Girl. You must have been wearing your tutu. I'll have to check that book out. I'd like to make food for Baby #2.

And that fabric gets a big thumbs up in my book. Love it.

Callie said...

Is that a Peg Perego high chair?

JTP said...

callie: No, it's a fisher price space saver- it fits in a regular chair. and tilts back, and converts to a booster seat :-) it's awesome.
Byerly: The book is super easy- I can't cook toast and was able to do it...basically you steam the veggies and them puree them in a blender or food processor. Freeze until ready to eat :-)
Sunday: I'm glad she can wear the fishie dress- I loved that fabric :-)

Unknown said...

I think I lost your blog. not sure how, I'm glad to find it again.
what a cutie pie william you have. that video is great.
I made will's babyfood, I had a good time with it, then I one day realized how much work I had done. you are awesome for doing it, it takes heart, but I really do believe it is good for them to have as much freshness as possible. so way to go!!