Friday, January 23, 2009

Happy Half Birthday!!!!


It's official- baby William is 6mo old today! Happy Half Birthday to him! We have an exciting day planned, well not really we're going to the doctor, but my dad and betsy are coming up so hopefully we'll "celebrate" with them. I'm excited for WDP to try some new foods- I think that's what you do at 6mo- I'll find out this afternoon. William's been working hard on a trick for Dr. Leeper. We can't wait to show him :-) he loves to impress and have people clap for him. He's also trying to move from a sit to a crawl- he falls alot, but is on his way...I think. Should he be able to sit up by himself yet? I've quit reading all those books about what they're "supposed" to be doing...oh well, we'll get there when we get there......
He has started turning the pages to books and looks from left to right on a page- it's so sweet. Doesn't he look studious?????

He also really holds his bottles now. I found these great handles for Avent bottles which makes it easier for him to hold them.

Check out the shoes he's rocking..... thanks Sunday we love these :-)

We love you baby William, BW, Will.i.am, little bunny, etc, etc!!!!!

6 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

yeah he is wearing the shoes. they were in some magazine the other day. i think gwen stefani or someone's baby like that has them. what a sweet boy, doing so many big boy things. you are wise to put the books away. he will do everything perfectly in his own time. good job.

Rachael M. said...

I LOVE THE BOOK PICTURE!!!

I don't blame you for not reading the books. Books don't know your baby. He'll do things when he does things and that will be the right time for him! And if it seems like it is taking too long, you'll notice and ask the doctor, because you're a good mom!!

Happy Half B-day Will.I.Am! Now get down here and let Aunt Callie and Miss Rachael pet that head!!!

Byerly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Byerly said...

Happy Birthday!! He must know that his Mama is a teacher. -- I'm with you on the books about milestones - It seems that all babies are different, so there's no use in reading too much. My motto is, "comparison is the thief of joy." :o) He's perfect!

Byerly said...

haha! Just to satisfy anyone's curiosity, I removed my 1st post. I spelled something wrong, and was trying to fix it. oops!

KatieKate said...

I stopped reading those books, too, after awhile. They're too much.

THanks for the pattern, Doll! I bought some super fun strawberry knit (on clearance) to try it out on. But, I'm terrible with knits. If you have any tips for stretchy materials, send them my way!