Wednesday, February 25, 2009

All Boy

I was just thinking last night that I kind of miss how William would snuggle and hang out when he was a baby- he is ALL boy now. He loves to tackle things and to pull up and then release and fall...well he doesn't like to fall, but he does it and has even started to catch himself... We have these two fairly large stuffed animals I found at Pottery Barn Kids last spring on sale for like 6 dollars and they are two of his favorite toys right now. He wants to hang all over them, wrestle them, etc...and then when he's tired he just lays down..or is it lies down (I'm horrible at grammar)..and then gets back up 15 seconds later to do it again.... He is becoming such an independent little guy- he played by himself through our whole dinner last night...and slept all night too :-)




Speaking of dinner, I really don't cook, I bake. Here are my Valentine's cupcakes for homeroom...using my new piping chocolate technique... The students liked them.


But I did cook last night- Chad even liked it. It's spicy, but delicious...here goes...to make the salsa..or enchilada sauce...although it's yummy on it's own:
Boil 10 tomatillos and 6 serrano peppers for ten minutes. Take the tops off the peppers. Puree in blender. Add 1T garlic, 1 onion (chopped) and 1 avocado (chopped) and 1/2 bunch cilantro. Puree- YUM!!!! It won't keep for a long time because of the avocado.... (For those of you with kids you can add 1 pepper, puree, pull some out for them, then add the rest for you!)
Note resemblance to pureed baby food zucchini :-)
Enchiladas:
Finely chop 1 onion, saute. Brown 1 lb chicken, beef or turkey. Add a little cumin. Add 2 cans chopped green chilis. Turn heat down. Add 1 block/ pack of 1/3 less fat cream cheese. Stir till melty. Stir in some finely chopped cilantro- as much as you like...Put in flour or corn tortillas. Place in 13 x 9 pan. Top with enchilada sauce/ salsa and pepper jack cheese. Bake at 350 for 30ish minutes or until it looks melty and yummy.....
It makes a TON. I think next time I will freeze the inside stuff and then just defrost and assemble to make the meal go faster. Viola- I cooked! I hope Chad doesn't get used to me cooking :-)

6 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

oh my goodness i want to be in your homeroom! my teachers never did that. you are so cool Mrs.perry. Do they say that to you? The recipe sounds wonderful.

JTP said...

no, they don't...but they're seniors and I bring them stuff a lot. I feel badly that they have to be in homeroom everyday- it's kind of crazy....so I try to make it fun :-)

Melanie said...

What's more adorable, the cupcakes or BW? Okay, BW, but the cupcakes are a close second!

Sasha said...

so i guess thats what you meant when you said a "tall" cupcake?i will make note for my next project!

Byerly said...

A chef and a baker. That Chad is one lucky guy. William is just adorable as always!!

Unknown said...

what a cute little man.
i love the all boyness of boys.
chad is so lucky. I want a cupcake.