Wednesday, April 15, 2009

SB '09

Ok, so there's no airbrushed t-shirt or tan lines to speak of from Spring break 2009, but I do feel like we got a lot accomplished around the house. Biggest project: Operation Sandbox.
Ahhh, the sandbox. I love Chad- I mean, he's great...but what makes him a way cool husband is that he builds. I will have crazy ideas and he brings them to light. What a great feature for a husband to have! I had visions of a sandbox that would be similar to BellaRose's...but a little different. I love the toybox on the side of the sandbox. I love that it's big enough for a few kids to play in, but small enough to fit under our pop-up tailgating tent when it's super sunny and WDP needs some shade. I love that it took 1 ton..yes, 2000lbs, of sand to fill it up :-) Now we just need warm weather to dry out the sand...and viola- instant summer fun!





Operation SewFest. I sewed, and sewed, and sewed. Still didn't quite finish everything I wanted to, but got a lot of projects finished and cleaned out a lot of fabric. i still have a few more things to make...so don't fret if you don't see something for your little one...I ran out of liner fabric so I need to get some more before I continue sewing.... If you don't see something and you want something, just let me know- I will be happy to sew with all my fabric I currently have- I need to clean it out!!!! Email me...you know there are only so many jonjons baby William can have.... I will have to sew for others to clean all this stuff out! My new kid gift- a appliqued pillowcase with their name.... :-)




Operation Clean Porch... We cleaned off the porch, painted the floor, and organized a ton of stuff. Now when it rains our little NatureBoy can still go "outside". We still need to rescreen the porch...again, we need a nice day to do this. How cute do WDP and Chad look swinging on this cool glider that came from Chad's Grandmom's house...it has matching chairs too! Sweet!



Operation Playground. I wanted a play cube- crawly- thing for William. Chad was out walking him, saw one in a neighbor's yard that has "big" kids, so we went over, introduced ourselves, and asked to buy it...they gave it to us! Awesome...it just needed a good pressure washing- check; scrubbing with oxyclean- check; cute baby to crawl over it and enjoy it all summer long- check! perfect!



Operation Swingset. OK, so a swing"set" could be an overstatement, but I wanted a swing for William. Add a leftover 4x4 post from the new deck bench to an existing hammock post, a few brackets, eye bolts, and there you have it- a swing thing for the baby!



Last project: Operation Deck bench. We have needed to finish the deck since last spring....finally, we had an idea (meaning Chad had an idea) and we're trying to finish it up before we host a wedding shower in May. It's going to be awesome...including a flower box (taken from Sunday's sandbox idea) and a place to put your cups and plates at a party.... perfect! It's just not finished yet :-) Anyday now.....

Ahhh, I love feeling accomplished!

4 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

oh my goodness. i feel like i need to go build something now! you got a lot done for sure. we LOVE BellaRose's new clothes!!! They are amazing. I can't believe you sew so well. It just blows my mind. it is just gorgeous. thank you so much!!! i love all your other projects and i can't believe you got the cube thing for free. that is awesome. good job on the sandbox and all the other projects!

Rachael M. said...

Um...you sewed more in one week than I've sewed in a year.

I SUCK!

Sasha said...

i am so proud to see we have an outfit in your pile of madness there! i cant wai tto see how stinkin cute he is in it!!! i think i will try it on him this afternoon, just because!thanks again!!!

Courtney Dial said...

i love those outfits!!!!!