Thursday, July 16, 2009

51 weeks old today- let the celebrations begin...

51 weeks! What? Seriously, how is it possible? I am in full on 1st b-day party mode- don't get in my way!!!! Well, that is, unless you're trying to help me :-) I have made the outfit and tried to get a photo yesterday to put up at the party- it was a disaster! See below! Now on to the rest of the party planning...the favors, the food, the cupcakes, etc......



Poor little bunny! mean ol' mommy trying to get a sweetie picture of you! I even made you a fun banner to hang up at the party..... not quiet as cool as Katie's banners in her Etsy shop, but it was my first one and I'd say it was a respectable effort. I am excited to think of the possibilities of where to hang the banner next- the Oval office when he's president, his rehearsal dinner, or just in his room until party #2 next year :-)
William is still LOVING books- as many as he can get his hands on- he even "feels" some of the feely books now. He was sitting in the toybox today and I tried to snap a cute picture, but instead he struck a pose, quit smiling, and then proceeded to do what he normally does in the morning- 1) hang out in the kitchen for the slight chance the fridge will open and he can get in it (please excuse the messy-ness of the fridge) On this occasion score! he snuck out with the Strawberry Nesquick....don't worry I got it away from him before we had a pink, sticky, mess!

2) He LOVES to watch Puppy games, the Animal Planet show we were able to tivo about 10 minutes of one day. So a little Puppy Games each morning will pacify his need to say "dog" one thousand times before 8am :-)

We are gearing up to start the 51st week celebration leading up to the Cupcakes -n- Cocktails Party we're having next Saturday. It's not really called that, but a friend Melanie's little girl Jenna asked what my theme was...what? a theme? I didn't know we needed a theme- Melanie replied that it was a cupcake theme and she seemed Ok with that answer, so there you go- cupcakes it is! Do you think I can have all different decorated cupcakes in the same color scheme or should they be all decorated the same? This will give me something to think about as we head to Atlanta for Maddie's party and then to Elberton for Party #1 for WDP....hopefully he will cooperate in the pics.....

5 comments:

KatieKate said...

Aw! Everything looks soooooo great! You're bound to get at least a couple photos of a smiling kiddo... promise :)

Rachael M. said...

Yes, yes...make them all different but in same colors!!!

I am so excited to see how this goes...it is going to be amazing, I just know it!

Byerly said...

cupcakes and cocktails - I love it! I might steal that theme for Chesson's b'day party. What is it with kids and 'fridges? Chesson does the same thing. - JT, you're so crafty. I can't wait to see pics from the party!!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

oh my goodness you have some much craftiness and creativeness i can hardly stand it. i can't wait to see pictures of this magical event. you are awesome and so is WDP!

Courtney @ Pizzazzerie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE those pics!!!! even if he is crying in them, he's so darn cute it doesn't even matter. love him! and can't wait to see him in his cutie outfit!