Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sooo easy!


Ok, so Katie from TexasNorth...see link at left she has amazing ideas!...posted this easy, easy recipe for homemade lollipops on facebook. What's a girl to do on a rainy Sunday with a napping hubby and baby and a 4lb bag of jolly ranchers? Obviously try it out..especially since WDP's party is coming up and I've yet to nail down a party favor.... They are so fun...here's a quick recap of how to make them....

1) unwrap a ton of jolly ranchers
2) preheat oven to 275
3) Place one piece of foil and then a piece of parchment onto a baking pan
4) Line up your candies- 3 seem to work nicely...put just a tiny bit of space in between...
-this is the fun part- mix and match different color combinations. I don't like the blue flavor,
but LOVE the way it looks when melted...
5) bake for 6 minutes
6) Immediately twirl a lollipop stick in the melted goodness and transfer to a wire wrack to cool...I just slid the foil/ parchment/ pops all together onto a wrack to cool
7) Wrap and tie with a ribbon when they're finished!

Ta-da- people will think you are a culinary genius!
Don't let on how easy they are!!!!

I think I may try to make some type of sticker to put on the baggie over the pop and let these be the party favors... Is that an OK favor? I don't go to many kiddie parties- what are people expecting???

4 comments:

KatieKate said...

Oh, my word, those are PERFECT party favors in my opinion. They came out great!!! Maybe take some cute paper cups and put styrofoam in them and then add the lollipops like a boquet? I dunno. Centerpieces? CUUUUUTE.

Nice job.

Elizabeth said...

Thank you so much for posting this and YES they are a perfect favor treat!!!

Melanie said...

Well, well, seems like I'm going to have some b-day party competition now that you've got you own little one. They turned out ADORABLE...great seeing you Sat. night. BTW, still have that black out material you wanted.

The Porters said...

LOVE THIS IDEA! VERY CUTE!