Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Just a few more things.....

When we were in Atlanta the other weekend we were lucky enough to be in town for Maddie's pool party. Chad loves to take pictures like these.....


Maddie had the cutest cake...

When we were in Elberton I saw a swingset that I had to get a picture of...as in Chad had to stop, back up and pull over so I could get out and scope the place. Ohhh, I dream of a big wooden pirate ship for William. They had those. But even cooler than that.... a Monster Truck!!! What!!!!



Would that not be the best???? It cracked me up that they even had 4x4 in wooden letters on the front and actual tire tread on the huge tires.... I know we'll never be able to get this, so why don't you get one and invite us over for a playdate???? Here's the order info :-)

Have I mentioned WDP's love of boxes and slides? I think it's that he can get inside both of them... he can't get enough so we try to get him to the park as often as possible, or at least look for boxes for him :-)


I am gearing up for the Williamson County Fair. I want to be all 4H and stuff ...Chad won't let me raise a cow like some other cool blog people I know, but I do enter baked goods and sewing things. A few years back I won a blue ribbon for "my" pound cake ...well William Rutherford's grandmother's recipe :-) and a blue ribbon for a baby outfit. I'm hoping for at least one ribbon this year...and the $6 you win too!!!! I can't decide what outfits to enter. I'm making a bubble for Twelve's (remember him you YL folks???) daughter Tyler and will enter that and maybe the cupcake jonjon since Katie's tip on boiling H2O and stain stick worked! And maybe one other thing...what do you think? His ghost and pumpkin jonjon? The snowman jonjon? And then I'll enter my jam...but if you crush fruit is that jam or preserves? There are two different categories.... ahh, I love fair season, even if it means school is just around the corner, as in one week from tomorrow ! Booooooo
was he not the cutest??????

4 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

wow you are fast on the blogging this week! LOVE THE PARTIES!!! You are SO creative. I mean seriously you are my own martha stewart! I remember that pound cake from last year. my grandma wants a pound cake for her birthday this weekend. i had one from martha but like I just said, you are my martha now. hers calls for 4 sticks of butter and 9 eggs! what in the world! good luck in the fair. i love that you enter! how cool are you! love ALL the pictures of that sweet boy of yours.

KatieKate said...

I wanna enter the fair, too! I've never done it before!!! You're so awesome!!! And I'm so very glad the boiling water worked... I was panicking that something would go wrong and completely ruin your handiwork. That would be my luck :)

And that monster truck is awesome. I can't believe it. Curt's gonna flip when I show him that.

The Colorado Carrs said...

ummmm that might be the COOLEST swing set ever. Myron is jealous!

Paula said...

awww twelve...fun that you keep in touch with them...It made me smile that you keep in touch with them and still call Blake "twelve"!