Tuesday, August 4, 2009

So I began cleaning closets this week...not really because I wanted to, but because I had misplaced all of my powerpoints and quizzes and class stuff...smart me decided to ONLY keep an electronic copy (I did find it in my glove box of all places) but back to cleaning, through cleaning I found more things we don't use anymore and decided to put them on ebay and pulled out William's old bouncy seat. He climbed right in and started hanging off the edges :-) Chad and I couldn't help but remember how tiny he had been in it...remember.....



He was soooo tiny!!!

The fair starts this week. I drop off my jam tomorrow. I've already taken my clothes and his little "William" banner. there were a ton of entries. Now I'm nervous. I like to enter when no one else does...then you can win. Kind of like the Weaverville Firecracker 5K- I'll never forget the year I won first place for my age group...as I'm walking up there to get my prize which I was so proud of the guy announced that there were no 2nd or3rd place entries. Oh well! a victory is still a victory for me :-) keep your fingers crossed for the fair!!!! I want the ribbon...and the $6 first prize check :-)

Here are a few other projects I've worked on...the green and white bubble is at the fair, the rest are already in the hands of their new owners. the sewing room is officially closing after I do 2 more projects for at least a month. I can't start school and want to sew all the time....so I'll clean it up and pack it up...at least until September. I can't believe how quickly the summer has gone by. I start on Thursday....soooo sad!

8 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

i want the bouncy seat!!! how much!!
i cannot believe that your summer is almost over and you are packing in the sewing. you could quit teaching and sell your stuff. seriously. although the students would be so sad when their most awesome teacher is not teaching. i mean i never had a teacher bake me cupcakes before!

KatieKate said...

No way, Sunday. I emailed first :) Actually, I'm sure it's easier to get it to YOU than it is to ME.

The fair stuff is soooo cute... I hope you win! Our fair is this week, too... I'll have to scope out the competition for next year.

Sunday Grant Photography said...

oh no way Katie! No no if you were first then you were first. It is just as easy to mail to you as to me, but JT please tell me where you got it! I love how simple it is and not all those crazy kid things on it!

JTP said...

sunday- it's made by oeuf...it is awesome. they also make them in ble/brown and pink/ brown. I scoured the internet and ebay trying to find a deal...they're about $99- lucky me found mine on clearance at landofnod.com for 40 bucks :-) and it's already at 41 on ebay with 4 days to go...woohooo!!!!! i LOVED the simplicity of it too :-)

Byerly said...

ooo - lucky, lucky, me and lucky, lucky chesson. I'm glad he turns one in Aug, before you go on your sewing hiatus:o)

I'm with Sunday, you should definitely start a business. You are seriously talented!

Unknown said...

that is a great bouncy seat.
love the chesson outfit, so cute.
you are so talented.
and i'm very very impressed that you clean out your closets, I think I only do that thoroughly when I'm moving.

Unknown said...

This stuff is SO cute! Do you have an etsy site or anything??? So glad to reconnect with you. Check out our blog, too. You can find the site on my profile page on FB.

Becky

Rachael M. said...

That little turtle is CUTENESS.

I cannot believe your bubble didn't win anything but that craptastic rustic suit won. WTF!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!