Monday, August 17, 2009

Ahh, the fair...maybe this is why I haven't posted in a while...well this and the fact school is back in session, sigh..... back to the fair. I thought I would do better, I mean, my stuff's cute, right? Only one lowly red ribbon for my strawberry jam. The last minute entry, the I didn't think that would win, but I'll just throw it in just 'cause. But a ribbon's a ribbon.Even if it is 2nd place..and $8!!!! Oh yeah, did I mention there's a cash prize? And lucky for someone I'm sending it to them! If you ever click on my blog links, click Twelve and then click his daughter's site...or just click here. She's raising money for a well. So sweet! So My $8 is going there...along with my pencil money from school. Oh yeah, that's right. Mrs. Perry is hard core this year. No more freebie pencils or pens. 25 cents a piece and I don't give change, so some pay $1. That's OK with me. It's high school, they should remember to bring a pencil.....



Katie, do you have chickens like this...I think these should be called "rockstar chickens"

Seriously, this got 2nd? I could've at least taken second place! Sorry, I'm being a spoiled sport, but it hurt my feelings to not win!

We closed out the summer o'parties this weekend hosting a Stock the Bar shower for my dear friend Stacy and her swettie pie Matt. It was quite nice and the best part...I decorated with glassware from the labs at school. We did a major rennovation so glassware came out of the woodworks- the old stuff is sooo much cooler that what we have today. But if I do say so myself I feel like the volumetric flasks were a nice touch on the table. She liked them too and that's all that matters, right?
These were by far my best cupcakes ever.... I need to post the icing recipe- de.lic.ious...I mean worth every calorie, yummy...I'll post it soon, promise!

My next post will be all about that sweetie pie baby who has oh, so many new tricks!

6 comments:

The Colorado Carrs said...

you charge for pencils!!! I love it!

And yes, you should have gotten first. Your stuff is WAY cuter...

Courtney @ Pizzazzerie said...

i want that icing recipe!!! and yayyyyy for strawberry jam, i'm loving mine!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

Mrs.Perry is getting strict this year! No change!
You really should have beat out the reindeer outfit, who was judging this thing, Mrs. Claus?
Love how you decorated with the science stuff. Even though science is not my forte, I do love a beaker (are they even called that?)

KatieKate said...

Dude, you are I are gonna have our OWN fair. Forget these other goobers.

Rock the pencils, Woman. You're right. They need to bring their stuff :)

ANd, no I don't have those chickens... but my neighbor does. Technically, their Polish chickens. But, I like your name better :)

KatieKate said...

THEY are, not THEIR.
sheesh

Becky said...

that peach jam definitely deserved 1st...it was rigged.