Sunday, November 15, 2009

Feeding the "baby"

William is so resistive to drinking milk from a sippie, with a straw, anything...except a bottle. He does great with water and juice from the sippie, but the milk is a hard habit to break. We've opted out of the morning bottle and if he doesn't drink, he just doesn't drink....one of the pluses of having a gi-normous baby, if they don't eat, they'll still be fine! Anyway he is also 100% obsessed with Elmo- he even wants to kiss Elmo on his diapers before we put them on, so when I saw an Elmo sippie at Target on Friday you can bet I added it to the buggy. It worked...kind of. He drank a good bit of milk today, but most of all he wanted to share and feed his babies...a mouse/ bunny type animal and a Tigger doll. Sooooo sweet! He even made little drinking noises when he was feeding them :-)


On another note- I learned how to do a reverse applique this weekend- also known as the world's fastest way to dress up a plain $3 tee shirt- check them out....
I kind of like the way the tee curls a little where you cut the edges...sort of gives the tee a vintage feel :-) The turkey is WDP's hand print :-) I've got big plans to do a lot of his tees he's about to outgrow like this and then just get more in January when he would've been about t outgrow them anyway. Yeah for new, easy sewing ideas. Thanks Mel Mel!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

My goodness, they turned out soooo cute!!!!! I'll be embarassed to post mine. I'm so glad he likes Elmo...that's one of Gabe's fav's too.

KatieKate said...

Ha!!! I love the shirts... especially the turkey!!!

Byerly said...

Chesson won't drink his milk from a sippie either. He'll drink juice and water - but, no milk. :o) I L.O.V.E. the tees!! So cute!!