Monday, December 14, 2009

So much to blog about...so little time!

Ok, so not really "so much" to blog about I just haven't put a ton of pictures up so here goes.....

First- Check E. Cheese... I wasn't to sure if WDP would like the characters or hate them....he couldn't get enough. He wanted to hug Chuck E. then when ChuckE left we put him onstage with the mechanical mouse and that was just as much fun...until the curtain closed on him. No problem William just stayed behind the curtain hugging ChuckE. It was so sweet. He was also a huge fan of the carousel....
You can't really tell, but he was doing the baby dance most of the time he was with Chuck E. You know the "bend your knees and just bounce" dance that all babies do :-)
Christmas at our house.... I made stockings from old curtains and I'm quite pleased with how they turned out. We have no ornaments due to the fact William pulls them off and we have a small tree so he can just walk behind it and around it. I thought it's be easier than fighting the battle of telling him "No" all the time. Check out the Fisher Price Nativity...so cute, right? He loves it. He doesn't like the angel on top- he prefers to pout "be-be"...aka Jesus up top after he kisses him. Then he smacks him because if you "gently" push down on the angel's perch it plays "Away in a Manger" and lights up. It's been a fun addition to our Christmas stuff- and it was a steal at only $17 marked down from $40 :-) yeah me!

William found one of his "Christmas gifts"- he loves opening cabinets and us being the mean parents we are we have child proofed all the cabinets sooooo, Chad is building him a thin cabinet to go under his window so he can put a few things in it. WE brought it inside Saturday and thought he wouldn't notice it- WRONG! He keeps opening the doors and trying to get in. It'll be perfect...after its painted and ready to go. Thanks Chad!
William is kind of dicovering coloring. I am discovering that crayons do not always come out of clothes, furniture, etc...ugh...anyway he still really likes to eat the crayons but everynow and again we get a few things down on the paper :-) I think he just likes being on the floor. Check him out "reading" the paper :-)
We found an inflatables place near our house and stopped in on Sunday late in the afternoon. The weather has been so crappy and we're trying to find fun things for William to do. He kind of liked the inflatables but was kind of scared too- I think there were too many kids...it makes me nervous thinking about his first day of school in January... But here he is....
My classroom- some quick pics of the "festive-ness" that is B-4 at Brentwood HS. I have a huge paper christmas tree over my safety light so the room has a nice green glow. There are paper "presents" taped to my door that say funny things like "To" James Waytson love, Francis Cric"...well it's funny if you're a science teacher :-) And I made stockings for my office workers and teaching assistants.... Of course there are lights everywhere, and I have a festive tree with...look closely...DNA double helix ornaments. Oh yeah, I'm "that" teacher! And of course I have my snowflakes- see below for directions.....
Chad and I went to a Tacky Sweater Holiday party....don't we look "nice" We tried to pose like some cheesey couples have those "couple" shots, but it didn't work too well....At $15/hour for a babysitter I was reminded why we do not go out too often. I need a part time job as a high school babysitter- how can they charge that? I guess because people like me will pay it...oh well! And to clarify he is in bed and asleep by the time the sitter comes over...what an easy job! sign me up!
Lastly just some random photos.... William is soo cute in the tub these days! here he is "helping"- He wanted to get the paper, but had his arms full so he was so smart to put the straw cup in his teeth and then get the paper :-) And a few little jonjons I made for someone to give as Christmas gifts.... making them made me think I need to get on it so WDP will have some long legged jonjons for school in January....
Finally- I feel all caught up.... no spell check, no punctuation check, just hit post :-)

5 comments:

The Colorado Carrs said...

oh my word!!! Chad's "sweater"....love it!!!

The Colorado Carrs said...

15 an HOUR!!!! that is crazy. I only charge 30 for the whole day........
I am going back to high school

JTP said...

fo' real Jesica- and he was sleeping the entire time...as in I put him to bed before they come over- what an easy job!!!! and I would pay you $60 a day if wdp could come to your house!!!!!

Byerly said...

I'm with Jessica - $15 is a lot of dough!! My sitters make about half that - but, maybe Corbin and are really cheap:o) --- Love, love, love the tacky sweaters...and the great classroom. No wonder you got a great review from your principal.

Unknown said...

i agree, 15, crazy, and asleep, man.
we are really cheap too.
the tacky sweaters are great, you two are hot.
william is looking so big these days, that picture of him coloring by the tree is so cute.