Wednesday, October 13, 2010


I am the Varsity Bowling Coach at my school. I use the term "coach" very loosely...more like sponsor/ score keeper/ snack getter, etc...you get the picture. It is the best coaching gig in the school district. Other schools are extremely serious about their bowling...us, well, we have fun. I had an assistant yesterday at the game/ match...not really sure what they're called! WDP was so sweet. He loves anything with the "big kids"...We had a practice lane and the bowling alley let me set up the ramp for WDP and they gave him a kiddie ball. He could not have had any more fun. He would throw the ball down the ramp and run to see it come back in the ball return and say "here it is!" He was high fiving kids/ parents/ anyone that would give him a high five :-) Such a sweet little helper! We are going to a bowling birthday party this weekend....I think we have a leg up on the competition since we've been practicing!!!
We went to Touch a Truck Franklin Saturday morning. WDP made a bee-line for the train...pretty fun. We even saw our sweet Nurse Erica from our pediatrician. After the train he wouldn't look at anything and kept saying "I show you"...so I followed him...straight to the shaved ice truck! I have no idea how he knew what it was... This kid can throw down some shaved ice. No flavorings, just $3 for a cup of shaved ice...sigh... WDP LOVES his ice... after the ice he did get on a few diggers, mowers, tractors, but he mainly wanted to walk over and then keep eating his ice. He must've been preparing for our big date night- WDP and I went out to dinner and to "baby's first Opry"- My sweet friend Diane invited us out with her husband Louis to the Grand Ole Opry for the 85th birthday celebration of the Opry. Del McCoury (love!), Trace Adkins, Taylor Swift (she's as adorable as you would think) and get this...Dolly Parton!!!! We had so much fun. After each performance WDP would clap and say "more" with the baby sign for more. Then , after the Opry Square Dancers he looked at me and said "that my favorite!" he even talked about the dancers all day Sunday. Thanks for taking us Diane!!! Busy weekend!!!!

Yesterday was continued until Oct 26- blah! Oh well...and my embroidery machine sucked in a bunch of thread and stopped working- awesome right? Hopefully it will be back from the sewing machine doctor by Thursday!!!!

2 comments:

KatieKate said...

"I show you."

I love it. That boy had a plan!

Sorry to hear about your machine. There's never a good time for that to happen... I hope the folks at your local shop are speedy!

Byerly said...

Could that 1st picture of y'all BE any cuter? Nope! It's perfect. Frame it!! -- I bet your bowling team adores you!!