Saturday, February 12, 2011

SUN!

We've needed to see some sunshine...don't get me wrong. I love the snow. we've had 9 school days cancelled for snow (which is like 9 free paid days off ) I get so much accomplished, but I need the sun right now. Everything has been so dreary this winter for more reasons than one...so with a high in the low 40s today...but low 60s by Wed WDP and I headed out to enjoy some nice weather. We are so lucky to have so many great local parks...This was his first time to Centennial in Nashville... He woke up and said he wanted to feed ducks so.... Feed ducks we did....I think in this picture he was pointing at Gossie....has anyone read that book? One of our current favs....
The ducks were walking on the ice to get some bread...he gave them half a loaf...of the good stuff! I need to get some "duck bread" if we do this again...

The Parthenon- well a replica of it.
I really wish I was better at pictures- the shadows here were so cool....maybe this summer I'll get around to a photography course.
A by on a mission
It was nice to get a few shots of him looking tiny- he always looks so big- because he is!!! where did my baby go?????
peek a boo behind the doric columns...I even heard a little boy walking by telling his mom what type of columns they were...she said "are you sure?" I told her he was correct and asked him a little more about corinthian columns...I loved my Latin classes- dork alert!
I need one of these benches at the house.... it's a 4 seater but you have conversations face to face- pure genius!
Here's to some good weather in Nashville and hopefully a quick return to Spring!!!

No comments: