Saturday, April 26, 2008

Sew-a-thon


Today was a sew-a-thon. I always cut out lots of projects, buy lots of great fabric, and then it takes a while for me to finish my projects. Today I made three adorable outfits for three good friends..... I love this fabric and wish ot was a little more boyish for baby William- too bad, it's all gone now. I hope these pals will enjoys having their tots in one of my favorite fabrics. the only bad part is that you can't put their names on it....too busy.
the sew-a-thon continued with 6 pairs f h=shorts for various friends, I monogrammed 6 t-shirts, made 2 bibs, 2 burbcloths, one onsie, another bubble and another dress- it sounds like a lot, but when it's already cut out..... it's not too bad. Oh and I made a 3rd birthday party dress for Anna and a matching little sister outfit- will post soon after they've been washed- super cute!


Tonight Chad's playing in town- finally! I haven't seen him play in forever. I will try to take some pictures tonight of him- it should be funny. Check out their website- http://www.the80steam.com/ He's the drummer in the white/black wig (yes, they dress up)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must be losing it... or going crosseyed (my dr said bifocals are on the way, no joke). Just looked at Chad's band online and thought the heading on the far right said Bowling. Instead of Booking. Mind you, I only glanced, but it cracked me up that Bowling seemed more-than-natural as a heading for bands the like of those named, let's say, Stone Cold Fox, Electric Bugaloo, The 80s Team, and such. If anyone could appreciate my sad story, please let it be you. HA
p.s. Countdown till you open an ETSY shop? T-minus...??

Rachael M. said...

I love goldfishes cause they're so delicious!

THOSE ARE ADORABLE!

And color me stupid, but I think a name in a bold, contrasting color wouldn't be too busy at all.

The Colorado Carrs said...

Oh my word sister! you HAVE been working!!!! You should start and Etsy site or something and try to sell stuff!!!!!

The Colorado Carrs said...

you know we use those burpcloths to this day!!! We love them!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, here are my ghetto-fab "instructions" for figuring out the sidebars: Go to Customize, then Layout, then Page Elements. Click on 'Add a Page Element' then 'Picture' (if you want to add a pic of you and Chad, or books or cd's or whatever) OR 'List' (if you want to add links to other people or Web sites, etc.). After you add the page elements, you can arrange the order by just clicking on the box and moving them where you want them. Formatting the posts is harder for me, but to add multiple pics, add them all at once (you can choose 'add another image') and then put the text around them. Jessica & Sunday are the blog-savvy wizards, so for anything beyond that, I'd ask them! :) Miss you tons-- can't believe July 25 is around the corner!! xo Burs