Sunday, May 4, 2008

April Showers bring.....

Our big project this week was "landscaping" one side of the yard. My "to-do" list for Chad has about 101 things on it- and he despises yard work. I did however manage to get him to dig a lot of holes and pick out some plants last weekend. We got them in the ground and got it mulched with a few flowers this week. We have had so much rain in TN the last few months- I guess I shouldn't complain, but I'm ready for the sun! OK, so here's the before and after pic of the yard...

All of the plants are Minnie Pearl style right now, I need to cut the tags off. It doesn't look like much, but it's a HUGE improvement and I really
appreciate Chad's digging :-)

While we were driving to the Home Depot to get plants I saw this and thought "Baby William has to have this!" Now Bets and Dad have said they'll get us "any" swingset we want. I wish they meant this one, but I'm almost positive they didn't. We could pay for college or get this.... Maybe on Sundays when the store is closed we can sneak in and let him play on it :-) What kid wouldn't want this????

Baby William did get an awesome surprise in the mail- a sweet ride from The Best Friends Club in Mobile (Mary Katherine, Anna, Paca Mike, Jammy, and Sue-Sue, Shelly- the whole gang...if she had a blog I would put a link to it ....) The box talked about it being the "Ultimate Jogging Stroller for the High Performance Athlete"...uh, I guess that's me- a high performing athlete :-) I do like to eat Clif Bars- does that count as being high performing??? It was a wonderful surprise and I can't wait to put him in it and cruise around the park near our house. The picture's not that great- it's bright yellow and navy blue- perfect!...do you see the new deck in the background????

Chad and I are going to be busy working on the nursery and new deck before dad and Bets get here on Friday. Here are a few starter pics- I'll post after pics as soon as we have them.


Man, this is a boring post, but...maybe things will become more exciting this next week.

3 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

this was so not boring and you are getting way better! good job. love the playground. it looks amazing. can't wait to see William's room. I am sure it will beautiful in a little boy way :)

The Colorado Carrs said...

Agreed this is not a boring post at all;....I love it!!!! The yard looks fab. The jogger is going to be a hit. and we are coming over to play on that swing set tomorrow!!!1

JTP said...

I wish i could have that swingset- it's seriously $8,000- whatever!!!!