Sunday, May 11, 2008

Job well done....

Happy Mother's Day!

We have had an exciting and productive weekend- I love those! Dad and Bets were here and we put them to work! Dad graciously weedeated..is that a word???.... everywhere for us :-) and then helped Chad with the deck. We're 11 boards shy of having a new deck- maybe it'll be finished this week.


They brought their #1 helper- Princess or Roni Dog- whatever you want to call her. It doesn't really matter because she can't hear anymore- but she helped as best she could- she's a good supervisor. Well, not really, because she can't see or walk- but doesn't she look cute???



Dad and Bets brought strawberries up - just look at them- you can't tell me they don't look yummy!!!! Betsy and I made tons o' jam. I did learn a trick- add 1/2 teaspoon of butter to your berries when they're boiling and it doesn't foam- Why? I don't know- I'm waiting for Alton Brown to do a show on jams to explain the science behind that one....
For Mother's Day Chad did a little tree work for me....luckily there were no trips to the ER- A branch came down and somehow it threw the weight off the branch Chad was working on and well- here's where the ladder ended up- with Chad on top. He made it down and I felt better when he just took out the real saw and chopped up all the branches into little bits so I could pile them on the street. Job well done by Team Perry.

5 comments:

The Colorado Carrs said...

I always wondered what that sweet Princess looked like!!!

Happy mama's day to you

Sunday Grant Photography said...

that is sort of funny about princess, not hearing and not walking, but still being a huge help. love it! man that tree limb is scary hitting the ladder like that. glad no ER visits!

vern said...

i keep staring at the pictures of that little dog trying to figure out if it is even real or not...i'm pretty sure we have a stuffed animal that looks a whole lot like that (and it can't see, hear, or walk either). hmmm....

JTP said...

she's real, she's just old... we bought her my senior year in highschool....yikes, that must mean I'm old......

Anonymous said...

LOVE that Princess is still kickin'! Pepper's on his last leg-- 15 years of anxiety for a Schnauzer has taken its toll. Sweet Pep...

And love your list of "people I think should have a blog." You're a riot.

YOU'RE actually within driving distance, so am thinking about a summer trip to NashVegas. Before or after Baby William's Big Arrival? Think about it and let me know. Miss and love you, girlie.