Friday, May 9, 2008

Old bananas

Old bananas may be one of my favorite things. You can make them into milkshakes, yum....Smoothies- the healthy version of a milkshake- yum, or banana muffins which is what I plan to do with this old banana. It has been sitting on my desk all week at work. I've been meaning to eat it, really I have... But it was too green, then a few days later I wanted cake instead of fruit, so now it's almost bad- perfect for muffins. I'll make them in the morning with a new recipe from Courtney.

My dad and Bets are coming for a trip this weekend with princess- my old puppy. Hopefully tomorrow will be nice, dad and Chad can finish the deck..well almost finish it. I saw a deck with a cool bench surrounding it, so I think we need that- item # 1002 for Chad to do!

Bets and I will be attempting to make strawberry jam from berries they are stopping in Greenville at Beechwood Farms to get this morning on their way up. Fresh strawberries-Yum- they may be better than old bananas..... If I knew how to put a link to Beechwood like everyone else adds links I would..... so sad.....

If you are in the neighborhood, stop by- you could sterilize jars(how fun!) or just grab a jar for your morning toast....

3 comments:

Rachael M. said...

I sometimes feel like I am somehow missing out on a major part of my southern heritage by not knowing how to can vegetables, jams, and other things...

Mmmm...banana muffins!

JTP said...

It's easy!!!! Or I wouldn't do it. You need to go out to beechwood and pick up a gallon of starwberries and just try it- yum!!!! You won't do store bought jam again.....

Sunday Grant Photography said...

look at your people who should have a blog section. way to put the pressure on! Love it! Okay you will need to share that banana muffin recipe also. BellaRose's most favorite thing in the whole world is bananas. I love all you posts! I can tell you how to add a link, but first i have to go and look at it. It is in the section where you write your post and it is a little icon thingy. Jessica and Bursley are way better at explaining this stuff then I am!