Wednesday, July 30, 2008

One week old...time sure does fly....




He's so smart already. I asked how old he was the other day and he said 5 days...so smart I tell you!
I can't believe William is a week old today. He celebrated by partying all night and sleeping all day- so much for me thinking we were lucky to have a baby that sleeps so much at night! His motto last night was "Sleep is for the Weak." He did have a big day yesterday- a car trip to Nashville- I had to pick up something from the hospital where we delivered. We also went by Pet Smart (Dad and Betsy forgot Princess' dog food) and Harpeth Bicycles (MK- your bike computer is on the way!) Don't worry- William didn't go in any of these places. My dad was with me and we just took turns sitting in the car with him. He was a champ. I was slightly confused at the hospital. I knew I went in on the third floor and expected the shop to be on the third floor, but apparently we rode in an elevator at some point in time- we stayed on the 7th floor- I have NO memory of this at all. Is this what being a mom does to your memory????

William's had lots of fun visitors-

Molly..he LOVED Molly. He was stretching out in her arms- soooo long. It was sweet!




Uncle Shawn and Aunt Vanessa (no real relation, we just call them that:-)

Stacy and Matt




Today William discovered the "pouch" aka Baby Bjorn- he can't get enough of it! If it's a warm spot, he wants to be in the middle of it- so sitting really close to me so that we both sweat is right up his alley. I'd get a picture of him in it, but all you can see are two skinny legs dangling. His theme song could be Joe Tex- "Skinny Legs"- anyone heard it?

Sorry this post is boring, but we're just doing the baby thing..sleep (a little) eat (a lot) and change diapers (even more than eating). But we're loving every minute of it....



Happy One Week Birthday to the sweetest baby we know!!!!








4 comments:

Becky said...

i miss baby william so much...that sweet snuggler. and finn needs to meet his new little buddy. thinking of you...

Rachael M. said...

I keep freaking out about being the walking dead and never getting any sleep :-/ But I guess it's doable, right?

He sure is cute :-D

Courtney @ Pizzazzerie said...

So cute! Can't wait to come visit. I'll give you a call soon :)

The Colorado Carrs said...

I know I say it everytime but I just Love him. He is so sweet!