Friday, August 1, 2008

So small

It hit me the other day just how tiny he is. A friend stopped by with her 8 week old and he just didn't look like a new baby...he looked like a baby- do you know what I mean? It just made me realize he will only be this tiny just once and to take it all in- his tiny, tiny hands, how soft his little skin is, his sweet little nose, his cutie hair- when he snuggles on my chest it's just s soft under my chin- I love it- the noises he makes when he takes his bottle- he sounds like the Swedish Chef from the Muppets- "Bork, bork". It's all so perfect. I want him to stay this size forever- or at least longer than eight weeks. He could not be any sweeter- last night he would wake, eat, poop and then go right back to sleep, he knew Mom and Dad needed a little sleep. He is trying so hard to stay awake for a little bit between daytime bottles. He opens his eyes and just looks so intently at everything- I know he can't see it, but it's like he's trying so hard! He stayed awake for about an hour and a half today when Jennifer Berry stopped by for a visit- he definitely likes the ladies!



We had our first "big" outing yesterday-we had to be out of the house for a few hours so we drove out to Shawn and Vanessa's jewelery store- Signature Jewelers. He loved the lights and was a perfect angel while we were there. Of course I showed him a few things I wouldn't mind having- just in case daddy asks what I like :-) In my dreams, right?

Chad's playing tomorrow night and lots of people are assuming that I will be there, baby in tow- I know he's a little rocker, but...a concert at 10days may be a little bit much.....

Baby William will have his first baby sitter on Monday- I am already trying to prepare myself. Luckily Molly is available and he loves Molly and she knows more about babies than I do, so I know he'll be in good hands! I have to go to inservice at my new job. I'll be teaching Biology and Ecology at Brentwood High School starting the Monday after Labor Day. It's only 8-11, but I feel badly leaving him.



Until Labor Day I'm just going to keep enjoying his "tiny-ness."

No comments: