Saturday, July 26, 2008

We survived the first night!!

Chad and I folded at the hospital and sent William to the nursery both nights.I'm trying not to feel guilty, but we needed the rest and I knew we wouldn't be getting much when we came home, so last night was our first "official" night with William...and we made it! We had a great evening- a walk around the neighborhood, a few bottles...(we're pumping- breastfeeding was too painful. The pump is great!) a few diapers, and then our "night" began. After dinner Chad and baby feel asleep for a bit. I tried to sleep a little too in the other room. so cute!

We traded places about 3am after a bottle and William slept until 7:30- what a champ!! I must confess that it was on my chest on the sofa, but we both slept- it was awesome! He startles himself and moves his arms and then if you're rubbing on him he'll go right back to sleep- hence why the crib doesn't work too well just yet. He LOVES to be swaddled, but fights it until one arm is free so he can suck his hand..and startle himself . We've tried today not to keep him swaddled all day and he's done a great job of waking up and going right back to sleep in his little bouncy chair.
He's in the sweet nightie with crabs on it :-)

He tried the swing for a little while- it was just OK. He is such a great baby- he whimpers when he's hungry or needs a change and that seems to be it, or if he wants me to hold him like this....


It's so cute. He's just chilling in my arms now as I'm typing :-)

He had his first home visit, Finn's mom, Becky. She was so sweet to bring Chad and I dinner- what a treat! William just loved her- of course she had the bottle- go figure!


Chad is such a great dad! He's been playing the guitar for William and walking him around the house showing him all kinds of things...that will probably be put up before he can crawl! It's so sweet!


I'm sure every night won't be as easy as last night, but he's breaking us in nicely. Life could not be any better! We are too lucky!

9 comments:

Courtney @ Pizzazzerie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Courtney @ Pizzazzerie said...

LOVE the new pictures! Especially the one of Becky holding him and his arm is up over his head like.. "Oh man... life is so hard" :) What a cutie. MISS YOU!

JTP said...

that's what I call that pose toooo!!! :-)

Sunday Grant Photography said...

i am so happy that things are going so well. don't feel guilty about sending him away, good for you for knowing you need your sleep. i tried to send BellaRose away but they brought her back b/c she was crying too much, great! :)
what a sweet little boy you have. he is just awesome. i love you are putting so many pictures up. thank you.

Unknown said...

What a little cutie!!! Can't wait to meet the little guy.
See you soon.
XOXO
Jennifer

Sasha said...

he is so sweet, i cant wait to meet him. congrats on making it through your first night...you do what you gotta do and if he is sleeping thats a good thing! i am glad you like the pump...you will probably get more use out of it than i did. cope was the same way when he was little...he would fight the swaddle for one arm out and then suck on his fingers....too cute!looks like ya'll are doing great! hopefully we will get to chat soon, but i know ya'll are busy and tired and i will try to get right on the blog update...

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!! You and Chad look so With It! I'm not even with it right now, and I haven't been through the last 9 months (or the last week you have)-- YOU'RE the champ! Love the pics, too. ps. Is that a sock monkey blanket? Have I told you Rockford is the Home of the Sock Monkey (besides Cheap Trick [and Ed Vestieurs but no one knows who that is but you and me, I'm afraid], that's its Claim to Fame)?? Check out this link: http://www.supersockmonkey.com/catalog/history.html

And, yes, there IS a Sock Monkey Festival at Midway Village Museum in Rockford every year. You have a place to stay should you ever feel the need to attend. Te he...

Seriously, cannot get over how fantastic and rested you look!!

The Colorado Carrs said...

I am proud of you for putting him in the nuresry those two nights. That is what the nurses are there for. I wish Iwould have used it a little more. We sent Rylie a few times to rest up as well.

Breastfeeding does hurt at first. I dont know why people tell us otherwise, I mean seriously people think about it! I didnt think I would be able to handle it but the pain goes away once your boobies adjust and get used to it. Just takes a little while.

P.S. I love him!

JTP said...

I heart him too :-)