Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Big Race


William is still fighting through his cold. He is mostly fine during the day, it's during the night time when he coughs a lot- poor baby. He's sleeping on Chad's chest right now. I wanted to snap a picture, but he always wakes up when I take pictures of him sleeping....

Because of his cold, I almost talked myself out of running yesterday..."He's too sick" but really I think I was just too tired, but we got up, got ready and headed over to the school and did the race. It was only a 5K, but it felt a lot longer. I officially felt old. We did dominate the stroller division with an amazing finish of 36.33...OK, we were the ONLY stroller , but that means we win our division right? I had to stop and walk twice for me (it was billed as a "fun run" so I thought that was OK) and had to stop multiple times for him because he's so stuffy he couldn't hold his paci in and twice because he started to fuss and wanted someone to hold him. It was nice to have to take a small break...all in all I guess 36.33 isn't too bad. We'll shoot for not stopping next time. Of course William got lots of "ooohs and aaws" from everyone at the race. I love having a cutie-pie baby :-) I on the other hand am so sore from yesterday...again, another sign I'm getting old....How did I ever go run 10 or 12 miles??? Maybe if I step up our training and not just taper and carbo load.....

Big news at home for us- we've been fairly unhappy with our daycare situation for a variety of reasons and think we've found someone to come into our home to keep him- what a relief! She's a mom and asked all kinds of questions about what he likes to do during the day, what kind of schedule we want him on, etc- We are keeping our fingers crossed that this will work out. It'll make going to work easier for me knowing he is happy and someone is loving on him all day!

Yesterday I dressed William in a new outfit I bought from my favorite, yet so expensive I can never go there boutique, Snap, (we had a giftcard from our sweet friend Courtney)- he's wearing it in all of the pictures- I had just said to Chad I almost don't want to put him in it because he could poop...do you see where this is going??? Anyway, as the potential nanny and her husband were leaving William just let it fly and somehow it went all over me, the floor, and the ridiculously expensive outfit..it's in the wash now. I'm just hoping he can wear it twice because he's soo cute and it's so sweet when he's wearing it! The potential nanny just laughed... keep your fingers crossed!!!

5 comments:

Rachael M. said...

HE IS SO CUTE!

*even if he was immediately covered in poo after the photos*

The Colorado Carrs said...

Props to you for running! I hope to as well at some point. you girls and your marathons I dont think I could do that!!!

I feel you on the babisitter front. Our first one wasnt bad but wasnt right either. I hope this next one works out for you. It DOES make such a difference.

Courtney @ Pizzazzerie said...

I can't even go running and I don't have a little one. Haha, go you! And that outfit is soo cute and you tell him that he can NOT poo in the outfits from Snap! He looks precious!

JTP said...

I know- you can't poo on the really cute stuff!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

they ALWAYS poo in the really nice stuff. it is just the way it is. umm JT it is not that you are getting old it is that you JUST had a baby!!!! hello! my "area" hurt for months after. there was no way i was doing anything, but look at you running 5ks that is amazing. good job friend. it is the saddest thing in the whole world when babies have a cold.