Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas travels...

William is not a fan of long car rides. That's what I learned this year at Christmas time... We travelled to Atlanta and stayed overnight with William and Emily- baby William loved them and their daughter Maddie pointed out that we should call him William P and her dad William R so we won't get them confused :-)

Emily and William...they gave him the cool new excersaucer!

"I love this Chair"

Maddie would roll the ball and WDP would die laughing - it was sweet....

After our overnight adventure we went to Greenville for the night, then to Elberton for the night, then back to Atl and onto Nashville- see why he doesn't like car rides..... Other than that it was a great time to see our families and more importantly- let them see the baby.

We are going to try to "cry it out" beginning Thursday- I'm trying to get myself psyched up for it...we'll keep you posted!

A few Christmas shots......
he loved the paper more than anything else :-)

Chad and his mom Sandra
William and Grandmom Noni

William has begun to prop himself up on his knees and kind of scoot and rock....


He LOVES anything shiny- cellphones, cameras, remotes, Chelsea Rutherford's shoes.... he wants to crawl towards these things....


I spent most of the car ride in the back trying to entertain/ console him...he spent a lot of time crying and chewing on the paci...

Poor little buddy...
We'll end on a sweet picture of happier times when we got home to 65 degree weather and played in the excersaucer on the deck. I like winter, but I'm ready for spring.....

4 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

oh goodness those crying pictures are so sad. i was just thinking today I could never imagine him crying and there you go, you put a picture of him doing just that. he is so sweet still! good luck with crying it out. it takes a couple of days and it is best to be prepared. a new year, a new schedule. great idea.

Rachael M. said...

You are brave. We have decided that next year, everyone can come to us - and Lilah will be almost a year old! That's after we made them all come to us this year because I am too pregnant to have to ride in a car. :-D

I'm sorry I didn't get to touch WDP's hair on your five minute trip to G'ville.

Maybe next time. You gotta bring that boy here for Callie to hold!

Byerly said...

Oh, JT, a fussy baby and a long car ride is a tough combination. I haven't thought about taking the exersaucer outside...that's a great idea. I plan to steal it (the idea, not the exersaucer). Yep, I'm with you...I'm ready for Spring!

Sasha said...

those pictures make me sad.i bet that was a long car ride!well we were sure glad to see you all, i just wish it could have been for longer....so does eli!i will get my pics up on the blog asap....jack is waking up now of course!good luck with the crying it out....just remember you have to stick to it once you start! thats the hardest part, but you will be good!