Monday, January 5, 2009

Finally, Happy New Year!


The students come back tomorrow, so it is officially the "New Year" for me. It was so nice to be a "stay at home " mom for two weeks - well, one week we were on the road and the second week our babysitter still came, so really I wasn't "full time mom" but either way it was nice to have the tears dried from the car travels and to sit upstairs and work while I could hear him laughing downstairs. The countdown is on- 13 weeks to Spring Break!


I love feeling productive over breaks- so I made a few things to cross off my Christmas lists...the gifts are just a little late :-) crayon holders for nephews and some reversible dresses for Mary Katherine's girls...I haven't sewn girl things in forever- I forgot how much I enjoyed it!

this is gingham, you can't tell from the pic

My friend Melanie gave me the idea for the crayon holdres and they were much more difficult than I anticipated.....

they roll up with velcro (Chad's idea)

My friend Rachael showed me the link to make a daygown out of a vintage t- it's next on my "to-do" list...maybe on MLK Day. On Chad's to-do list was a rockin toy box. I saw this on Land of Nod and couldn't bear the price tag, so Chad has been working away on it. As soon as the rain dries up and he paints it. I'll post a picture. It's pretty much my favorite thing he's made! Check back on the toy box page- I also want him to make something for the nursery that has the vegetable bin looking boxes on the bottom and shelves on the top for books- what do you think?

It was such nice weather over the break, I've decided to take up running seriously again- Chad has been so supportive and it's encouraging to try to get back to the "old me." It's hard to try and find the time to put away the miles, and most of the time I don't want to go out and do it, but it feels so great when I'm finished! With me running, WDP has been spending a lot of time outdoors- walking and running with me, playing in the Bjorn with Chad- we've even put his excersaucer on the deck- a new fav! He is getting quite serious about wanting to crawl- he gets on all four and rocks and then will try to lunge forward and not move his arm. It results in a face plant, but he is determined- I'm not sure if this will be a few weeks or another few months- I've kind of quit reading the "What to expect" books- they were driving me crazy!

Here he is trying to chase after our babysitter's little girl Cecilia- she's so sweet to william and has the cutest grin whenever I see her. We are so lucky to have Mandy (the sitter) and her little girl- she loves on William just like we would and I like that William has a little partner in crime

I have the cutest video of WDP laughing, but blogger isn't letting me load it :-( I will try again later this week.

My New year's Question for you is... What's the best thing you have for your child's age group right now? For example if you have a 12 mo old- what is the best thing you have- toy, piece of clothing, book, etc.... I feel like I am discovering baby things I wish I would've known about sooner and don't want to miss out on cool things for older "kids." My favorite thing would be baby legs by far! We love them and I'm not sure how we lived without them. besides the fact he looks ultra punky-brewster in them, they are so practical- they keep his legs warm, but make it easy to change the diaper- genius I say! Perfect for a girl or boy. We use them at night under the daygowns/ sleep sacks. What's your favorite thing????

5 comments:

The Colorado Carrs said...

I love baby legs too. I had them for Rylie but they are to girlie for Wyatt. I need to get him some of his own. hmmm my favorite thing..... Right now Born Free baby bottles for Wyatt, he loves those nipples! For Rylie it has to be her Hide and Seek books. They are the coolest she cant put them down.

JTP said...

they make "boy" baby legs- we have blue striped ones :-) I'll have to remember the hide and seek books :-) thanks!

KatieKate said...

Hello, there... Jess's friend Katie here. With your mad sewing skills, you could whip up a whole basket of baby legs in no time! Just go shopping in the men's sock aisle for knee socks... maybe some cutie argyles? Cut off the foot part and hem around the bottom. It's super easy and so stinkin' cute.

Rachael M. said...

I LOVE THOSE DRESSES! REVERSIBLE? GENIUS!

I cannot sew clothes. I am sewtarded. :-(

We registered for some baby legs and didn't get any. I'll put that on the "need to get" list!

Byerly said...

Oh JT! You are so talented, and I am so jealous. The dresses are just too cute. I've been trying to think of what our favorite thing is right now (even though we are behind you in age). I think it's just his plastic interlocking rings. He's started grabbing them and playing with them. A ring can keep him entertained for a good 15 minutes.