Thursday, February 12, 2009

Here are a few more pictures from our fun park day last Sunday. We're expecting another weekend with sun and high 60s, so hopefully baby William can explore a little more outside this weekend. I've got to get a video of him pulling up- he's no longer content to just crawl- he wants to crawl and pull up on something, someone. He has no sense of fear. He'll pull up and then let go...fall, scream, repeat. It's funny.

please note the pot belly :-)




He has definitely regressed on the sleeping front...ugh. We had several good nights, and since Sunday he has woke up two or three times a night and screams hysterically- on, and on and on.... His voice is hoarse today. Maybe it's the teeth. He has two huge little bumps on his gums...poor little bunny! We tried Tylenol last night and that helped, but when he got up at 3 and needed more Tylenol that woke him up and Chad had to rock him for 30minutes because he couldn't settle down.....This is so hard for us! Any ideas on sleeping through the night with a teether who likes to pull up on his crib and scream...partly because he's tired, partly because of the teething, and partly because he doesn't know how to sit down from standing????? Hopefully after this tooth breaks free he'll get back in the routine...

Lastly, on the crafting front....
OK, don't make fun....I am trying to practice piping chocolate until I can do it really well because I have big dreams for a first birthday cake...I'm thinking a tiered Jungle theme....I am so far away from being able to do that, but here's my first attempt at bugs....



Funny that I despise snails, but like my chocolate snail.

4 comments:

The Colorado Carrs said...

Hang tight with sleeping he will get it. Now you know he can do it. Teething is a bit of a bummer on that front but try no to let it disrupt your routine.He will start to like you guys coming in so much. You can do it. Tylenol and Motrin are wonderful friends and you are wonderful parents!

Rachael M. said...

Clearly, I have no advice on the sleeping front. Mine makes grunty noises all night and I can't tell if she's awake for real or not. :-p Usually, not REALLY, but then I freak out that she'll freak out and wake up screaming so I go ahead and feed her. LMAO

The chocolate is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! You amaze me, with the sewing and the chocolating!!! I want to be able to do it all, too. I can just do half of both. LOL

Unknown said...

so glad to see that little pop belly, so cute. park day looks fun with the Perry's.
o dear, teething is something I think you just have to "get through". I agree with Jessica, try to let it not get you our of routine, it can disrupt all that you've done tus far. and.. the tylenol and mortin thing is awesome. you can alternate them and it works like a charm.
the chocolate drawings are great. it's aewsome that you are practicing for the big cake. that snail does make me like snails a little more.

Sunday Grant Photography said...

i forgot to comment!!! oh no. first i have to tell you how sweet William's valentine is. that was the cutest. i love him! also the chocolates are so good. i am proud of you. i can't wait to see this cake. yes keep the routine as much as possible. that is a good word!