Tuesday, March 24, 2009



I know it's been a few days since my last post..... We've been busy.

First- don't laugh, but I went to the NKOTB concert and it was AWESOME! I felt like a teenager all over again- I was almost embarrassed how excited I was- it was a thrity year old fest- all thirty somethings reliving an early teenage dream. It was so fun!

Next- I left William for the first time. I went to the National Science Teacher Association conference in New Orleans. I had a poster to present " Exploring Kingdom Protista using Soft Lithography teachniques"- dorky right? and had a presentation on a research program I did at Vandy a few years ago. I was surprised that people came and got positive feedback, so I guess it was a success.... NOLA was so fun- amazing food and the city made me miss Charleston soo bad.... I love old architecture! I missed Chad and William, but it was nice to relax...a little... but I was ready to come home. To be gone Wed- Sun is a long time from a sweetie baby!
WDP and Chad had their first "road gig" to Atlanta. He did MUCH better in the car and pretty well in Atlanta. Big thanks to William and Emily for helping Chad out!


William's had a few rough nights, it's not teething, maybe it's his food. Can babies all of a sudden get upset tummies from food they've been eating for a few weeks? I don't know. Hopefully things will settle back down ...and soon :-) eight months- can you believe it????

Oh and here's the best news that will prove I am your dorkiest friend....I met Bill Nye the Science Guy!!!! Got a cool pic with him in my lab coat. He even commented on my self proclaimed title "Science Princess"- it's monogrammed on my lab coat. So fun! My friend Ashley was invited to a Disney Imagineers party at the conference and he was there :-) A science teacher's dream come true!!!!

4 comments:

The Colorado Carrs said...

ummmm

jealous!

NKOTB!!!!!!

Now I will go back an dread the rest of the post!

Rachael M. said...

OMG! Bill Nye the Science Guy!!!!

I would have totally geeked out over that, and I'm not even a science person :-D I used to watch that show every Saturday! Here is where all my science interest came from: First, "Mr. Wizard's World" Next, "Beekman's World," and I think "Bill Nye TSG" was about the same time. Man, I still remember Mr. Wizard talking about computers and h-beams and how you can't fold a piece of paper - no matter the size - more than 11 times or something like that.

Ha - I have all kinds of friends who are going to New Kids concerts. I never liked them. I also have managed to avoid any "Twilight" love, too. :-D

Elizabeth said...

I am so jealous of you meeting Bill Nye. I almost decided to go to the conference myself when I found out he was going to be there. What fun!

Byerly said...

Congrats on your 1st time away from Baby William. I'm sure he missed you too, but it's great you were able to do a little something for you! :o) Um, is your lab coat pink? I love that it has Science Princess on it!!

I went to NKOTB when I was in middle school. I can still picture the concert. What a fun time!!