Wednesday, May 13, 2009

First words :-)

Well, not too much has been going on around here except for rain, rain, and more rain! It's so hard to find a few dry moments to get outside so William can listen for a dog...Oh yeah, that's right our baby has said his first word...other than uh-oh...it's dog. Sounds more like "doa" but it's very intentional. He'll hear a dog bark and then look around very inquisitively and say "doa, doa" We'll pull out the puppy stuffed animals (Puzzle for those of you who know me from way back
:-) ) and it's "doa, doa" The other morning Chad found something called "Puppy Games 2008" on Animal Planet- it was just dogs playing with balls- we didn't really get it, but WDP crawled over to the tv, stood up, smiled and said "Doa, doa" So we tivo-d it....A new standard in our house. Forget Baby Einstein videos, he's all about "doa"... It's a nice break from "Uh-oh" although that's still adorable :-)







I had the big 3-3 birthday. (After 30, it's just not as much fun!)Dad and Bets sent some great flowers, Chad built me a veggie garden planter...no plants yet- too wet to plant!... and little William was feeling better from his little virus, which was the best gift of all! My students "surprised" me with a science cake- one had all of their names on it and the other one was of two Earth plates crashing into each other...with peanut m&m's on top :-) perfect for a science teacher!

William's new things: 1) he likes to sit on things, stools, counters, chairs, etc 2) obviously anything remotely related to dogs...which is funny because we don't have a pet 3)running his fingers/ hands over his lips making noises- such a guy! 4) playing inside his awesome toy box (thanks again Chad!) and 5) playing "surprise"...one of us holds WDP and hides behind a wall- then you lean out to "scare" or say "surprise" to the other person...he laughs...every...time. Every time I tell you!


Oh, and he took 2 steps last week- no video, and he hasn't done it again, but I guess "technically" he took his first steps :-) Yeah little bunny!

Here'sa dress I made for BellRose's second birthday...I kind of think the 2 is too big..... ugh....


Lastly- I noticed I have wrinkles all around my eyes- oh joy!

8 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

i missed this post! we think that the dress is adorable!!! Thank you so much. We love it! I love the white!! i would dress her in all white all the time. I have gotten so many compliments on the green dress from the pictures i just posted. i always love your posts. they are so funny. william is a sweetie!

Rachael M. said...

He is *SO* cute. I can't believe he has started talking!!!

And I can't believe I missed telling you happy birthday!

I miss everything.

The dress is precious. PRECIOUS I TELL YOU!

I have sewing machine issues. I need to make a post. :-p

Elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe he is getting so grow up all walking and talking! ;) By the way, where can I place my order for one of those toy boxes--awesome!

KatieKate said...

Happy Mother's Day! Happy Birthday!

The dress is adorable... the 2 is NOT too big :) But I TOTALLY know how you feel... I hate it when I finish something and just keep staring at the "problem area" that no one else will care about but I can never forget.

Unknown said...

First word, yahoo.
Are you in your yard? I love it, it looks so picture perfect
That dress is adorable. You are so talented and I have no idea how you find time to do it all.

Kristin said...

I love the dress you made for BR and I knew it was by you right way because I recognized the embroidery. Buxton loves everything you made him and so do I!

AmandaT said...

I love the 4 pics. of you and William. The last one is my fav. you look so happy and William looks like he has a secret. I am glade you guys are doing so good! He is growing so fast, and is so cute!! I am sure you'll enjoy your summer off with him.

Byerly said...

oh, he's talking! so cute. are you on summer vacation yet? yay summer!