Monday, May 4, 2009

Our little sicky

Oh, poor baby William...he has something. Maybe it's just teething, but he had a fever all day yetserday. We thought it was strange that he slept in until 7:30, but as it turns out he slept most of the day and when he wasn't sleeping he wanted to be held and he'd put his little head on your shoulder.... poor buddy! It was so yucky that we couldn't even take him outside, and you know he loves the outdoors. It has been raining since Thursday...a lot.... So I brought the cozy coupe inside, put some friends in it and we rode around in the house for about an hour. Back and forth from the kitchen to his bedroom. If you'd stop he'd shake the steering wheel...poor guy!

Hopefully today he'll start feeling better, but I won't know because I'm at work. It's days like today that I don't like working. We have our state assessments this week so it's really hard to be out....

Speaking of, I decided to make Good Luck on the Gateways gifts for all my Biology kids...partly because I like them, partly because I knew the other teachers wouldn't make them...isn't that awful of me? Well, I love them! I ordered custom fortune cookies that say "I see a passing Biology Gateway score in your future" or "Mrs. Perry has the best biology students" etc.... Then I dipped them in my new favorite thing- Wilton candy melts- and put sprinkles on them. Everyone gets three in a little bag with their name on it. Of course they're from baby William :-)



I crafted a little this weekend trying to finish up a project for Mary Katherine that I've been working on forever. I have a new ruffler foot for my sewing machine, but couldn't get it to work so I had to make ruffles the old way, using a pleater, but I haven't used it in so long I broke 6 needles- ugh! Oh well. Maybe I'm lucky I have a boy so there will be very few ruffles in my future.... I think the shirts are cute though :-) Hopefully her girls will like them.

4 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

oh poor little man! we brought our cozy coupe inside in the winter. it made life so much easier. i hate that he felt so bad. i LOVE the fortune cookies. You are so creative. Those chocolate melts are so cute. I need to come up with an idea for a cupcake topper for BellaRose's 2nd birthday. It is a fiesta theme. Any thoughts?

KatieKate said...

I am a teesny LOT jealous that you have a ruffler foot... and a pleater. I don't. I DON'T.

The fortune cookies are awwwwwwesome. What a great thing to do for those kids... trust me. They'll remember the gesture for a long time.

Feel better, William! Teeth are yucky.

Rachael M. said...

Sorry about Will.I.Am :-(

Seriously, though, can you please stop making me feel like the lamest person on earth? You sew like a champ and here I am, swimming in a sea of fabric and ideas and can't manage to get to any of them...

Also, best teacher ever for the fortune cookies.

Byerly said...

Poor William. I sure hope he feels better soon. ~ Let me just say, I never had a teacher make me anything. And, as a teacher, I never made my students anything. You are the best teacher ever!! ~ The outfits are precious. Girls clothes are just so cute!!