Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy July 4th!!!!

Ahh, the fourth of July- baby's last "first" holiday...I can't believe his birthday is right around the corner!!! We had a pretty rough night last night. William was off on his nap schedule- mainly my fault due to a trip to the zoo (including a public meltdown and a quick escape) and then he played sooo hard all afternoon in the sandbox and in the yard and I think he was just beat! he was up screaming for a good portion of the night- so he was tired today, but we tried to make the best of it.

While he was napping I made some peach jam- My strawberry has been a hit with friends and my sister came up to visit and brought me some SC peaches- the leaves on the peaches were still soft and green- that's how fresh they were- dee-licious! I'll try the peach jam tomorrow for breakfast and get back to you. I'm gearing up for the Williamson County Fair...just over a month away!
We went to Mt, Juliet to their 4th festival to see our buddies Shawn and Vanessa. they were selling their amazing Hushpiggies- talk about yummy!!!! I also had one of the best cups of shaved ice- I had to ask to see the machine first. Chad and I are shaved ice snobs after trying the BEST shaved ice in Hawaii. The machine looked like it would really "shave" the ice and it was the closest to the Hawaiian kind as I've ever had.... Yum!
We came back to Franklin, hit the Franklin on the 4th Festival- we have the cutest town square here.... anyway, WDP saw his first she-mullet and it was awesome! A perfect way to end a great day!

Happy birthday America...
that's what Chad likes to say :-)
Here's WDP coming back from Mt. Juliet- he's really into peek-a-boo these days and couldn't stop giggling :-) What a wonderful sound!


More to come next week on my sister's visit, several trips to the park, a huggie's box, switching to "real" milk, etc....

2 comments:

The Colorado Carrs said...

you guys are so good, always playing. Imagine the sleep schedule after camping...ugh....

Cant wait to hear more!!!

clippedblog said...

Ok, you make jam, TOO?

What don't you do, JTP!?!?

And OMG. I am afraid you need to send me some hushpiggies like rightnow.

I can't believe how big WDP is...he looks like a kid! Even more so than when y'all were here! The growing up of the babies is making me SAD.