Thursday, October 15, 2009


Before we had William I swore we wouldn't be "plastic" people...we wouldn't have tons of that plastic stuff around...I didn't want it to junk up the house. I was wrong. My new motto seems to be the more the merrier- especially if it's cheap, cheap like on Craigslist or at a garage sale or better yet if someone just hands it down. Take for instance this super fun convertible WDP got from Maddie- he LOVES it. And of course the fall is the perfect time for a convertible! We also have her old little tikes work bench and pink tricycle. Pink you say? Yep, pink- who cares, he's one it doesn't matter to him :-) Here's to fun plastic overtaking my life!

Please note that he is chewing on the bubble wand...yep, mom of the year right here- "go ahead, chew on it. It says non-toxic"....Pick. Your. Battles.

Before we had William I also made a ton of pillows for his room- it was the "reading corner" They were piped and monogrammed, placed neatly on the floor. Arranged with a few stuffed animals and a basket of books. It has turned into the "run and dive" portion of the house. He wants to be chased and then he squeals, runs to his room and dives right in. My little stunt man. He just falls face forward. He's only hit the Murphy bed once. The basket of books is gone, the pillows are not neat anymore, but I think he likes this stunt zone way more than the reading corner :-)
Sorry it's so dark- it's getting dark here around 5:45 now :-( and most of our house is lamps- not good lighting for movies, but you get the idea....

5 comments:

The Colorado Carrs said...

I too said No Plastic. What can you do.......

He is a lady killer in that red convertible!!!!

phewt pheww

The Colorado Carrs said...

Wyatt will drive his hot rod over when he gets a little bigger!!

Byerly said...

Oh, the plastic. We were just given a little tikes all plastic playset. It's in the backyard, and I love it b/c he loves it! Of course, there were lots of things I said I'd 'never' do as a parent. But, it turns out you're exactly right...choosing battles is key!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

i love it, all the "i nevers" and what you really end up doing to make the little ones happy. i have stuck with a couple of "nevers" but there is a lot i have given into for sure. William is just so darn cute. i still love you made him a reading corner even if it is a stunt room now.

Courtney @ Pizzazzerie said...

I LOVE the video of him running into his pillows. I bet he wants to play that game over and over and over :)