Monday, January 11, 2010

"Snow" day fun



We had a "snow" storm. This is it...and we were out for two days of school...yeah for me! Here are a few pictures of William playing ion the "blizzard." He couldn't get enough of it. He kept saying "noh." The snow gave me plenty of time to start a new project...check it out.

My latest "thing"... I have figured out how to use my Babylock embroidery machine to do appliques!!!! Now they look store bought...perfect! Why did it take me sooo long to figure this out? What do you think? I love it. Does a tee shirt have a stain? Applique a cute dachshund or seal pup over it. What? Brilliant I say!


You monogrammed every outfit your son has and now your BFF has a sweet baby who could wear it but she didn't name him William? Place a rocket over it. Nice! Recycling in its cutest form!

A friend's having a baby? How about a cute H with her name under it? ( Don't worry Sunday, there are more cute things for baby Hollings, I just really like this one... the rest will be a surprise)

Every plain tee William had now has something on it...mainly to cover the stain but also because this was soo fun! He's also started school so now everyone there will know his name too :-) Which by the way we are having a HARD time with...he's waking up all night, wailing our names, super clingy, teary eyed at school...it'll be OK WDP, we promise. More on school later....

Here he is having fun on the cool indoor playground. This was before we left him the first day...

I also did some cute tees for Mary Katherine's girls...this is my new favorite thing to do....

I think this will be a fun addition to my baby clothes blog, which I need to get working on asap....

6 comments:

The Colorado Carrs said...

you are so amazing!!! love your work!!!!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

i LOVE the Holllings burp cloth!!!! Thank you so much. You are awesome!!!!! i love all your work, you are doing such a great job and you are so creative. WDP will love school soon, that is how BellaRose was and now she talks about it all the time and can't wait to go. Thank you!!!!

KatieKate said...

Oh, Jen... that font for the embroidery is PERFECT. I love it. I am also in love with the rocket and the H in flowers on Hollings burp cloth. Love it. NIIIIIICE job, Bowl Mamma. Good Luck today.

Byerly said...

Girl, you've got mad skills!! :o) I wish, I wish, I wish I was half as crafty as you! "Recycling" clothes is genius!!

Elizabeth said...

I am sooo impressed (and a bit jealous!) How DO you do it??? Work full time, stay in shape and these precious, precious clothes. Love the blizzard, by the way! ;)

Unknown said...

you have got some amazing talent. those william shirts are so great with the rockets and drums and such. love them. and great idea to recycle.
holling burp cloth is so great, her name looks so pretty.
nice work!!