Friday, January 7, 2011

monster trucks

Boys are funny. Why do they like trucks? Anything truck related...I have not "pushed" trucks on William but he likes them soooo much....There's a monster truck rally coming to Nashville and I couldn't see spending $45 for us to go (ridiculous, no?) but he loves trucks so much.... I saw on the morning news that some Monster trucks would be on display around town so I thought this would be a fun/ cheap truck thing to do. He was so excited....we got there. The truck was HUGE. He was scared.
WDP: "No get out Mommy. Stay in car"
Me: " We drove 30 min. Let's just get out. I'll hold you."
WDP " No....pweese"
Me: "yes...please"

I finally pulled him out with the lie of "well stay on the grass" This picture is as close as I could get him to the truck.... He did let me put him down. he was glad to get a picture...not too sure he cared it was "autographed" But he was very timid about the whole thing....

As soon as we got in the car to go home he said "That cool mommy. Big trucks" And he held his pictures most of the night.... Successful outing????

4 comments:

KatieKate said...

Oh, man, that kid breaks my heart!!! You are one hard core mamma. Way to be, Jen. Way to be.

Byerly said...

I love this post!! You're a sweet Mama to a sweet fella!

Jessica said...

Oh man, Wyatt gets scared too. Whenever he see something in real life it flips him out at first....

Unknown said...

this is awesome, you are such a great mom! it is funny how boys like trucks so much, lord knows i didn't push them on will either. i should see if there is a monster truck thing like that around here. i love that he held his picture most of the night, so sweet.